Kenwood DDX470 in 04 no Factory Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenwood DDX470 in 04 no Factory Subwoofer

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping someone will have an easy fix for me for a problem I am having installing a Kenwood DDX470 in my 04 F150 Lariat.

I've searched the forums pretty thoroughly and the only answers I can seem to find are related to trucks with the factory sub. Im 99% positive my truck does not have a factory sub.

So here is my issue:

My Factory HU died and after about 3 months of no radio I couldn't take it anymore and bought a Kenwood DDX470 from Best Buy. I was given a Metra 70-5521 wiring harness and sent on my merry way.

This morning I hooked up the harness to the HU by using butt end wire joiners and it all seemed pretty simple.. Just match the colors. I was a little surprised however that there was a second harness smaller harness with two rca cables in the package, from what I have been reading, it seems that is used for the factory sub. Since I don't have one I left it out.

So I trdged forward and removed the Factory head unit, put the new one in and plugged the harness into the trucks harness. I see the little reset button light up and start blinking and I THINK I am in business. I push the power button with great anticipation.... nothing. Hold it down a little longer... still nothing.

The head unit wont turn on. Any ideas what I did wrong? Or if there is anything else in the truck I can check that may be shorting or not working properly? I checked the fuse panel and everything seems to be fine. Plus like I said, the unit seems to be getting power as the reset button lights up.

It just seems pretty straightforward, power, ground, battery line, ignition line and speakers... not sure what could be preventing the unit from turning on.

Sorry for the long winded post, but any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time and Happy 4th.

Quick Reply: Kenwood DDX470 in 04 no Factory Subwoofer