Metra BT-5520 Harness Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metra BT-5520 Harness Help

I have searched through threads and seen where people say to remove the 4 wires between the male and female bluetooth connectors. On mine I have 5 wires. Anyone have any pictures of what their harness looked like? I am installing this behind the OEM HU and running a SP in the back. I dont want to splice or cut factory wire. Thanks for the help.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:09 PM
I am really trying to remember that connector.

If I recall the speaker leads and a few other wires from both ends of the harness went into the black bt connectors. Then there were 4 or so wires that connected just between the 2 bt.

I pulled all the wires that connected just between the BT then plugged the 2 bt together. This gave all the neccessary speaker and other wires their required connections.

The Metra harness is pretty good in that is has all the wires labeled. Easy to tell which is speaker and such.

I have two listing for the factory speaker wire colors. I can't remember which is correct but should be easy to figure out when you have the radio out.

2010 XLT supercrew
LF+ ------------------------------- white
LF- ------------------------------- white/black
RF+ ------------------------------- white/purple
RF- ------------------------------- white/orange
LR+ ------------------------------- Brown/green
LR- ------------------------------- Brown/Yellow
RR+ -------------------------------Brown/White
RR- ------------------------------- Brown/Blue

LF
+ white
- white brown

RF
+ white violet
- white orange

LR
+ white green
- brown yellow

RR
+ brown white
- brown blue

Old 07-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Okay if you are looking at the BT-5520 harness the colors are listed via EIA color coding.
Wht, Wht/Blk - FL Spk +,-
Gry, Gry/Blk - FR Spk +,-
Grn, Grn/Blk - RL Spk +,-
Ppl, Ppl/Blk - RR Spk +,-
Yel - 12+ Constant
Red - 12v Switched
Blk - Ground
Blu - Power Antenna
Blu/Wht - 12v+ Remote
All the rest are for other things (Mute wire, Steering Wheel Controls, etc.).

If you follow the Misc wires they should go straight between the harness and the reverse harness with no interupptions. If they do, FIX IT. I havent held one in 2 years (I was the original one to recommend this because I have used it multiple times with no issues.) but IIRC they do go straight between and causes no error with any radio command. This harness was made for CCity to make adding BT adapters (Parrot pieces) a 10 minute process into a factory HU.

However, if it causes any ill effects use the harness to find the spk wires and integrate whatever on the factory side. Therefore eliminating any issues. I believe others have prolly been using the harness incorrectly and been trying to use the parrot adapters for something other than spk wires for a 4 channel. THIS IS THE RIGHT PIECE.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Low e Red and Langlowe thanks for the help. All I had to do was connect the speaker wires I ran into the harness, plug the BT connector together and everythign works perfect. I did not have to remove any of the wires from the harness to keep my sync and wheel controls. I have a 2011 with the base radio, 6 disc and sync.

Quick Reply: Metra BT-5520 Harness Help