Lost Line-in option from Aux button after battery jump.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost Line-in option from Aux button after battery jump.

I am really at a loss here. My battery died, I jump started it and then bam no more "line in" option from the "aux" button. Only options are sat1 sat2 sat3. I have done just about every thing I can think of. Disconnect fuse, disconnect battery, power on power off radio a million times with diff buttons pressed etc etc. I also noticed that the radio does not illuminate any more, as well (the text shows but the buttons don't glow anymore. Any ideas? (2007 f150 fx4)?

Thanks,
Scott

Old 04-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Just bumping to see if anyone else has seen this phenomena.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 05-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I am totally perplexed with your situation. My line-in works just fine on my stock 07 XLT HU (which didn't have SAT at all) but after removal and reinstall, it still went. All I can think is that something went. Your best bet if no one on here has experienced this is to ask the dealer, gulp.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:34 PM
i believe when that happens, the dealer needs to reprogram the head unit in order to get it to work again... weak...maybe take the price of doing that into consideration vs buying a new head unit. at what some of these dealers charge, it may be cheaper to buy a new radio

Old 07-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by pigmoder
I am really at a loss here. My battery died, I jump started it and then bam no more "line in" option from the "aux" button. Only options are sat1 sat2 sat3. I have done just about every thing I can think of. Disconnect fuse, disconnect battery, power on power off radio a million times with diff buttons pressed etc etc. I also noticed that the radio does not illuminate any more, as well (the text shows but the buttons don't glow anymore. Any ideas? (2007 f150 fx4)?

Thanks,
Scott
Did you find out what the problem was?

I have a similar problem with mine (2008). I didn't jump the truck, but had the negative terminal disconnected to remove and clean the throttle body & MAF. That was this past weekend and when I tried to hook up the MP3 today the AUX button didn't work. I've tried the same solutions as you, and no luck.

It doesn't given me line-in, sat's, etc. When I push the AUX button all it does is pull up FM1. Strange.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by TX_Hunter
Did you find out what the problem was?

I have a similar problem with mine (2008). I didn't jump the truck, but had the negative terminal disconnected to remove and clean the throttle body & MAF. That was this past weekend and when I tried to hook up the MP3 today the AUX button didn't work. I've tried the same solutions as you, and no luck.

It doesn't given me line-in, sat's, etc. When I push the AUX button all it does is pull up FM1. Strange.
Never found the issue. From all of my research, it appears that this caused the ECU to be defective. Its BS I know. There is a way to check the device codes. After doing everything possible with that information, I concluded that I was screwed. I just bought a pioneer avh-p4200. Should be here this week. The last step I took was to completely disconnect the stereo and then reconnect. I didn't think it would fix anything and guess what it didn't. At least it made me realize how easy it was to remove the stereo, and thus prompted me to buy a new one :-)

If you want to run the device code test. See here http://www.p71interceptor.com/radio/selftest.html. I'm sure it will be the same as mine. The solution for ECU defective, is "send for repair". Getting Ford to fix this (actually replace) would prob cost the same or more then $500. For me, I'd rather have the goodness of the new pioneer.

Good Luck
Scott

Quick Reply: Lost Line-in option from Aux button after battery jump.