Updating my head unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updating my head unit

Hey Guys I have been checking this community for a while now. But today I decided to join you guys. =)

Well I been having my system for 8 years now (since I bought my 01 F150 super crew.)

Alpine Casette (old)
Alipne Disc Changer 12 Discs
Alpine Era-G320 Sound Field Processor
Alpine Amps (2 of them)

So I have been running with "Ai Net" setup and I love how it sounds. Now that I want to update just my head unit I don't know if I should go for the follwing Head units.

NOTE: I need to make my Iphone work with any of the following head units so let me know if any of you guys have any of these head units and if it POSSIBLE keep my Ai Net running it seems like several models don't have that any more, maybe is becasue the "imprint technology" is better. Thanks in advance!

-Alpine CDA-9887

-Alpine iXA-W404 (works with iphone) - ( I saw somewhere that it can fit on my 01 f150 with some trimming to do around it )

-Alpine iDA-X305 (works with iphone)

- Alpine IVA-W505/P1 (Don't know if it will fit on my truck plus don't know if it will work with my iphone)

I always take my time and hear for second opinion(s) from Alpine fans like myself.

Thanks, and sorry for the typos.. =)
Fox7Seven

Old 06-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the Alpine iva-w505 HU and as have stated it does not support the iPhone according to Alpine. The ixa-w404 is a pretty nice unit that is supported. It is a 2-DIN unit just like the iva-w505, therefore, you may need to modify your dash. The iva-w505/P1 is an all in one unit that has a plug in Nav system, P1. It could be that bluetooth series is why it's not suppose to work. I have the Blackbird 200, this may work, not sure. The ida-x305 is a single DIN which will fit and as you have stated and will support the iPhone. All this info you already know about. The final consideration is your budget. I use a Samsung phone for my truck and the iPhone for every thing else...

Last edited by jdruzik; 07-01-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Updating my head unit