heat shrink the wires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is also heat shrink butt connectors which are very reliable

Old 03-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by willys5555
Alright dude. come on. thats stretching it pretty far. i was using the word "move" as a word for more of a movement...not little vibrations. of coures everything moves when the suspension moves and stuff. unless you are pulling out your head unit everyday, your wires dont get stretched out and pulled around. do you understand what i was saying? and who gives a crap that you have been "working on Car Audio for a LIVING"? sure you have great experience and great knowledge and i respect that. i am sure you have worked hard to do that. but you post on the forum like that gives you some sort of special "king" or something. the guy asked for opinions on whether or not solder the wires...so thats what i did. so dont just go around jumping down people throats because you're all high and mighty because you do this for a living.

and so ya know, i have never had a butt splice come off on me and i take my truck through the most "vibrations" from the suspension that you could possible think about. so once again IMO heat shrink is a little unnecissary. sure it makes a stronger connection and looks better but I just feel that its not worth it. and like i said before "to each his own"

now just so we are clear, Low e red, I do respect your knowledge that you have and your experience. you are much more knowlegeable then me and most of the people on here when it comes to sound systems. I am not trying to prove you wrong with anything, I am just stating my opinion. Last i checked i was allowed to do that.

Look, sorry for sounding like I was coming down on you. I wasnt, but thats a huge problem with boards. Next time, lets leave out all the high and mighty crap. That wasnt necessary although I do see why you said that.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:54 PM
aight dude. thats cool. im sorry if i came across insulting you also. just frusterated and to tell you the truth i should have counted to 20 before i posted that but i do respect you and your knowledge.

Quick Reply: heat shrink the wires?