Aux input/Bluetooth ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux input/Bluetooth ?

Sorry guys in advance as I am sure that this question has been asked in some form or another more than once... I've been away from the forums for quite some time though, and doing a search only gets me more confused...

I have an 06 Screw with the factory Audiophile 6 CD/Sirius satellite radio. I would like to also have bluetooth phone capabilities through the radio and an audio input jack added for my ipod--also want to keep my satellite radio. Is there a solution out there that would allow me to have all of these things, or should I just start from scratch with a new head unit?? What to do....

Thanks in advance. JD

Old 02-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by sabre210
Sorry guys in advance as I am sure that this question has been asked in some form or another more than once... I've been away from the forums for quite some time though, and doing a search only gets me more confused...

I have an 06 Screw with the factory Audiophile 6 CD/Sirius satellite radio. I would like to also have bluetooth phone capabilities through the radio and an audio input jack added for my ipod--also want to keep my satellite radio. Is there a solution out there that would allow me to have all of these things, or should I just start from scratch with a new head unit?? What to do....

Thanks in advance. JD
To be honest with you, it might be easier, albeit a lil bit more expensive, to replace the headunit with an aftermarket. However, the quality of an aftermarket headunit, not to mention the ease of control over items such as bluetooth, sat, and ipod, are unmatched with anything ive seen from the factory.

The thing that I dont like about adding so much to a factory headunit as that it can be hard to control it all at once. Some of the other guys on here could probablly give you a better idea about retaining your factory sat and adding an aux in, but as far as the bluetooth goes, you'd probablly be looking at something like this...http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1179877502694

Old 02-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

If you decide to go aftermarket you should check out this Pioneer unit.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...ctiveda8741-20

I have one on order right now that should be here tomorrow to replace my current Pioneer HU.

Quick Reply: Aux input/Bluetooth ?