Head Units with USB

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fabian06SC
Oh, its just that you said you had your HD loaded with music and video i thought you were wanting to play video from your USB on the HU.

I was just saying that IF the units supported video i would so get an external and use it.

and hedge i know what you mean, i have tried my hardest to stay away from ipods, i dont want one, nor need one.
If want a portable mp3 i use my phone, i can put 8 gig cards full of music in it and it functions as an ipod except when a call comes in i can answer or text or browse online as needed. I can aslo bluetooth the phones audio to the kenwood deck and control all the music players functions from the HU too without having to remove my phone from my pocket.
screw those apple folk, i refuse to buy thier ipods.

sad thing is i did buy one... not for me but for the girlfriend.
So in the end those bastards won anyway.
You have just stated every reason I have for not wanting to go with an Ipod.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Usb

I currently have a 4g thumbdrive and I am very happy with that. I will add a larger one at some point.

In contrast to most of the posts here, I am questioning the IPOD feature that I was so set on having. I am only using the USB.

At least my I-Touch is staying charged..........

Old 01-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by _hedge_
The best quality is to rip your own. I rip minimum 256 to AAC format (extension .m4a). YMMV but if you check the wiki page, aac is supposed to give you better quality than mp3. The downside is that it isn't as portable to other devices such as small mp3 players. All of the recent Pioneer decks I've owned will play AAC files though directly off of a thumb drive.

The thing about the ipod is that you get all the control functions from the deck. I wasn't an Ipod fan but at some point you're almost forced into into with all the aftermarket accessories and support available for it.
Yeah, portability is the issue with aac. It is supposed to be better quality, but not all of my current audio players support the format.

Quick Reply: Head Units with USB