Headunit Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headunit Help!

I didn't know where to post this, but this is not about my truck, its about my wife's '08 Focus. I want to put my Alpine IVA-W200 in it. I know I need a dash kit and possibly an antenna adapter. But I'm being told two different things from the two stereo shops in town. One is telling me its a normal Ford wiring harness, the other is telling me its a huge harness that costs $60! I called Crutchfield and they said its just the normal Ford harness, which I already have from F-150. The car does not have the SYNC system.

So, what is it? Any help would be great.

Last edited by nvrenufedge; 01-20-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:52 AM
I just installed a aftermarket head unit in my sons focus. I picked up the dash kit, the antenna adapter and the wiring harness all at Fry's Electronics for under $40. The first wire harness was wrong because he had the factory Blaupunk head unit so the manager at Fry's said i needed the VW adapter and he was right. All installed in less the 45 minutes. Very easy.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Got it figured out. The wiring harness that was in my F-150 worked in the Focus, but I needed to had an accessory power wire. The factory car harness does not have one. I have pics of it here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3158481

Quick Reply: Headunit Help!