Factory 6 CD/MP3 radio cuts out

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory 6 CD/MP3 radio cuts out

I have 2006 STX with the factory 6CD/MP3 HU that cuts out intermitently. I can't reproduce it, but every so often the sound goes out on one of the front speakers. It is only out for a few seconds and then is fine for a while. Sometimes it is the left and sometimes it is the right. I don't think it ever happens to the rear speakers (though I'm not positive since I cant reproduce it on demand).

I'm thinking it is either a bad connection at the HU or a bad ground. But I'm no audio expert.

Has enyone ever heard of this problem and possible solutions?

I only have 11k so it should be covered, but if it can't be reproduced the dealer may say they can't find anything and to bring it back when it actualy happens and then call me nuts when I leave.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:30 PM
yes i had the same problem with my truck however mine was a 01 king ranch model with the stock hu and a 6 disc cd chaanger in the console, however my problem was that my passenger side would go out all the time and rarely work on the right side, my hu was just blown on that side that gave power to those speakers the only thing i can figure with yours is its getting ready to go, mine would go out not much at first then later and later it went out more often. i would take it to the dealer when it happens when it goes off how long does it go off for

Old 11-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by king ranch
yes i had the same problem with my truck however mine was a 01 king ranch model with the stock hu and a 6 disc cd chaanger in the console, however my problem was that my passenger side would go out all the time and rarely work on the right side, my hu was just blown on that side that gave power to those speakers the only thing i can figure with yours is its getting ready to go, mine would go out not much at first then later and later it went out more often. i would take it to the dealer when it happens when it goes off how long does it go off for
It only goes out on one side or the other for a few seconds. I guess I'll take it to the dealer and really have them check it out. I would hate for it to go out after warentee.

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Factory 6 CD/MP3 radio cuts out