Just got a big surprise about DVD

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DRJ - The Jensen 9412 is bypassable. Grab the remote go to tuner and enter in 543210. There will be another menu that is then available. Open it up and there is a option to turn it off.

Ronix - I wish they were all that easy! My Z2 i had to make an iso disc to rewrite my hdd. Ground the parking brake and a wire i had to repin the harness for.

JohnnyCash - Season 2 is very important to me. My cousin is in it alot. Shawn Pyfrom.

All - There is one state that it isnt completely against the law right now and that is MS. Now it is on the books for most cities in MS. Most laws state that moving video with the exception of Navigation is prohibited. If you need help with bypassing or wiring just let me know. I do it for a living...

Old 09-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Avn 5510

When I bought my F-250, I had the dealer install an Eclipse AVN 5510. My truck was broken into a few weeks back and have since replaced the head unit with the same make and model, Eclipse AVN 5510. On my first one, I could program the navigation while in motion. This time, I can't. How is that possible? Any way around this?

There should be a sensor of some kind that unlocks it if someone is sitting in the passenger seat - like when the seat belt alarm goes off if someone is not wearing their belt.

Is the AVN 5510 as simple as moving the ground wire?

Old 09-29-2007, 03:37 AM
Nobody likes to see kids get hurt. They shouldn't have been playing in the street, and the douche should have been paying attention. I never put a DVD in while inside the city - I get a little anxious and a tinge of rage once a while inside the city as it is. Only music there. But road trips - I wouldn't know what to do without a video or two. Lean the chair back, catch the vid out of the corner of the eye as you watch the white and yellows flash through the mirrors and windows.

Most of those also have a "Shop Demo" Code that you can apply. Just google that. Others - I purchased a Jensen off crutchfield for <$500 that does DVD, iPOD, XM, AM/FM, etc ... EVERYTHING AND an Auxillary input and output for both video and sound. How sweet is that!!! Absolutely LOVE it! The only reviews I read said that the touch screen was slightly off, not sure if those idiots went through the setup properly to tell it where the corners of the screen were if they were using their fat fingers.

Jensen 9311TS. Wired my ipod wires into the glovebox - everything stays locked up and safe. The screen retracts when the truck shuts off. Install a few razor blades with tape inside the dash so the first kid that tries to steal it leaves DNA all over your truck.

Crutchfield was great about it. The prices were lower elsewhere, but just couldn't beat the customer service I got from them. Awesome.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:18 AM
I have mine installed to work when Im driving, whatever, but its not like Im stupid enough to actually watch a movie while im driving.

Theres a degree of common sense involved, and I know Im sure as hell not going to cross that line into stupidity.

However, the ability to use the navigation while driving is very imporant, but even then, I pull over to enter an address, and I only use the nav while driving to see where my next turn is, and zoom in / zoom out.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Suspended
LMAO. . some of these posts are hysterical.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 09-29-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:12 PM
I have the solution to your problems... drive with the e brake on!!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:33 PM
hey i just got my avic d3 installed
how do you go about passing the dvd playback

Old 10-02-2007, 12:52 PM
I know that most shops can get fined if they install a HU and bypass the safety features. At least that is the way it is up here. I wired a switch into mine so that i can watch dvds anytime, but as someone else said i pretty much use it for road trips where it makes the trip go faster. In the city i dont drive far enough to watch anything more than maybe a music video or 2 before im at my destination. Thats why i got the vehicle dynamics processor for my pioneer.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Only morons watch videos while driving.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Could you not run the wire to a hidden switch and then run it to the e brake to bypass it? So then the cops would never know if you flipped the switch.

Last edited by jeffallred; 10-04-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Hell if you really want to get good you can take the pk brake wire and run it to a relay that has it only work when the tailgate is down or the pass window cracked.... But to the guy with the 5510 Eclipse ground the pk brake wire. Your dealer didnt do that.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Norm
Only morons watch videos while driving.
I agree, I have my DVD player bypassed and I never get to watch it, most of the time I just play cd's the rest are live dvd's that i've already seen at home, the video plays so anyone in the truck or glancing in can watch, but I don't even pay it much attention, when I'm driving. I spend more time glancing at my speedometer than my dvd player

Quick Reply: Just got a big surprise about DVD