Harley-Davidson

Lowered my 02 Harley, need info...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowered my 02 Harley, need info...

I lowered my 02 today, and need some info from you guys that have done the same.

Here's the list-
Front- DJM 2" spring. Rear- DJM 2" shackle (set at 1"), DJM 2" spring hanger. DJM shim (not sure what degree of angle it is)

I have two problems that need to be resolved. The stock rear shocks bottom out, and I have a tiny bit of driveline shudder.

On our first try we put the shackle and hanger at the lowest setting. The shocks bottomed out, but it didn't seem to shudder. Unfortunatly, it was lower in the rear, than the front, so we raised it up a notch on the shackle. It doesn't bottom out as bad, but it does shudder.

Now, I have to figure out what shim to use. Can anyone give advice on this? I'm using the one that came with the DJM kit.

What should I do about the shocks? I don't mind replacing the stock shocks, but they are new, and the ride isn't bad. I was thinking of just using extenders on the rear for now. Are any of you guys using them? Do you still bottom out?

We didn't install the camber kit yet, so when we do that, and have it aligned, the front may go lower. If so, I may be able to drop the rear again, but I doubt it. I guess nothing is just "bolt on" , but it sure looks better now...

Quick Reply: Lowered my 02 Harley, need info...