Harley-Davidson

Need some help plz

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need some help plz

Hi I'm from Canada so it could have something to do with some electric components due to winter.I know some stuff and do a little bit of mechanic but I'm far from an expert and need your help.

I have a ford harley davidson 2008 5.4L and I can't start the engine since yesterday and really don't know whats going on. I've tried booster cables like almost 15 min just for sure and still don't start but all the lights, radio and stuff get power when I turn the key so not a battery problem. Seems not to be the alternator too because there's no sign of power lost after multiple attempts.(radio,roof lights,lights,fog lights gets full power when I turn the key)

Not doing the sound of what i remember to be a broken alternator
(does 2 click sound and no more everything stays on)
I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the starter but I don't really know what you get when it's broke.

Somehow i have a cable/tubing going trough the driver side straigh to the battery on the other side that looks unplug or maybe broken but I have no clue of the function of that cable/tubing or to it connects to.
I can't find a good plan or picture of the engine engine that could help me find what is the purpose of that cable pipe dno the f.. what this is.
(it have a white cap on its edge like its suppose to fit in a pipe or something)

If anybody have an idea of what I can do to find the problem first and maybe fix it or maybe just find a good plan schematic of the engine it would be a good start.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Make sure the battery cables are clean at the contact points including where it connects to the starter. Could the coolant in your engine be frozen?

Old 01-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Hi and welcome. I removed the other thread you started on this topic because duplicate threads lead to confusing responses that can waste your time and cost you extra money.

Is it possible you have a bad solenoid? From your description, it sounds like the starter relay is closing but the solenoid is not actuating. Roadie's suggestion concerns the electrical connections to the solenoid too.

- Jack