Harley-Davidson

Center Console

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Center Console

Anyone looked at the center console in the Lincoln Blackwood and think that it, with the navigation system, would fit in the H-D F-150?

I'll be looking for a Blackwood to check out the dimensions (especially the lid), bolt pattern, electric hookup, and see if I can swap out the lid from my H-D F-150.

Sounds like a cool idea to me...Anyone out there in Ford/Lincoln land that can shed some light?

Old 06-10-2001, 06:06 PM
Never seen the console..got a pic of it?

Old 06-10-2001, 07:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw it in the latest Motor Trend and I am sure that it would fit because the Expy/Navi console fits in any regular cab, SuperCab or SuperCrew.

The only thing I do not think would work is the lid. The stock lids are shorter and narrower than the full length console lids (at least on my '98 it was). I am not positive about the new lids but the cup holders are in about the same position on both consoles and the stock truck consoles have a gap between the lid and the cup holers to hold "stuff". The Expy console that I installed does not have that big of a gap. Plus the Expy/Navi consoles from '99-'01 are wider than the truck consoles because the buckets in the Expy & Navi do not have armrests. I could not tell if the Blackwood has armrests or not.

Pitures of my console are on my site in my signature. Here are some pictures from new Expy's and Navigator's

Here is a similar view from my truck:

------------------

'98 F-150 XLT SuperCab Flareside, Auto, 4.6L, 4X2, 3.55 LS, 6-CD changer, Moonlight Blue with tan interior, Captains Chairs

Mods:Window tint, Extang Classic Platinum Tonno, Lund Interceptor bug deflector, Wizard Superwhite Bulbs, Pendaliner bedliner, Expedition center console, Airaid FIPK System
My F-150 Page
Expedition Console How-to

[This message has been edited by BlueFlareside (edited 06-10-2001).]

Old 06-10-2001, 07:48 PM
I like that!!!!

however im not givin up my HD logo center console to have it.

Old 06-11-2001, 01:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are some pictures of the Blackwood console

Both pictures show the navigation system in the console.

Quick Reply: Center Console