Harley-Davidson

Rods???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by HD4mula HD has Ls engines. Period.
You firmly believe they do. I and some others firmly believe we don't have a firm proof of that yet.

ZoranC

Old 01-23-2003, 03:09 PM
I thought we cleared this up a while back...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ne+short+block

Old 01-23-2003, 03:11 PM
ZoranC- I did a search of topics you have started. And if I take away the first few you posted a large part of them are about problems with your truck. I am sorry about your problems, but please save the drama for you momma !

You come on with the attitude of "unless Ford puts it out on the AP wire I dont believe it."

Well call ford and find out.

I personally think you need to sell your truck.

Old 01-23-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by HDf150inWV I thought we cleared this up a while back...
I read thread you mentioned and it is mainly talking about specs, it does not say anything (unless I missed it) about internals of engine. What we are trying to find out is are rods and pistons identical as in L?

ZoranC

Old 01-23-2003, 03:23 PM
OK... everyone take deep cleansing breath . Relax. This ain't life or death. I (along with a lot of other folks) would like to know exactly what our trucks have inside. Doubt seriously we are gonna find out from Ford... we aren't a gnat on a cow's *** to them. Has anyone talked to any actual engine builders?
As far as not believing my mechanic buddy? I believe him completely--he had just heard it, he was not preaching it as gospel. He is a non-SVT dealer mechanic, so he has no experience tearing into L motors. He is the best mechanic at the place and worked as a crew member for Eddie Hill's top fuel dragster team for 10 years before that. Dude can spin a wrench like I can only dream about. Put a set of BBK long tubes on my '99 Cobra in 5 hours start to finish. Did my clutch install on the coupe in 3... and that was including having the flywheel resurfaced! Think I'll keep him...

Old 01-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by GT-40 GTS I did a search of topics you have started.
And I did search of posts you did and I have found quite an amount of trolling, and I am not the only one that feels that way. Your dissing of Harley #356 is well known about on this board, so you are not going to fool anyone.

Thank God this is a free country, so you are free not to read this thread if you don't care about it, and we are free to discuss it and not care what you think.

By the way, I am not the only one that is interested in answer on my question.

Bye bye

ZoranC

Old 01-23-2003, 03:33 PM
I gotta tell you all, the Ignore List feature in this forum works wonders, LoL! You have to try it.

The amount of 'drama for your momma' (love that line, BTW!) reduces significantly when you add the folks that keep bit#hin about their trucks to this list.

It really gets old after a while and makes the seriousness of the original issue less important due to all the whining.

Old 01-23-2003, 03:35 PM
How about we ask Johnny Lightning or Jim@JDM or Sal@PSP

These guys have tore them apart......right? I know sombody has a built short block in there truck. Wheres the old block, with the old internals?

Guys I hate to say this but it's getting OLD. Who cares if we have L rods and pistons, we didn't buy an L. We bought an HD, Yes they told all of us when we bought it that it has an L motor. Who cares.......If you throw a rod......you throw a rod.

A good friend of mine always says "With a HIGH performance machine......YOUR gonna have HIGH performance problems."

I know that if my engine blows I'll be pissed......But I will be on the phone with JL or SAL or JDM and be ordering a built short block. With manley rods and setup for a different blower.

So everyone just relax and chill. We all have the same trucks here, so we are all in this together. We are all brothers

Old 01-23-2003, 03:38 PM
Smile Help for Zoran!

Zoran,

Personally, I don't think this is a big issue! I love my truck and enjoy it as it is ... for what it is!

But I thought you might like to know that I just (12:22PM, PST) got off the phone with a fellow named Matt Gourding at Ford SVT in Dearborn, MI. He is a tech-rep for SVT who's sole purpose is to address owner questions/concerns. He said that the only difference between the SC'ed H-D engine and the L engine are the supercharger pulleys and associated tuning chip. He went on to say that there were three primary reasons the H-D was "detuned". First, weight considerations. Second, two-piece driveshaft. Third, L marketing differentiation.

I think you will sleep better if you call him, or anyone at SVT HQ! The number is: 800-367-3788. Pleasant dreams!

Old 01-23-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BillP The amount of 'drama for your momma' (love that line, BTW!) reduces significantly when you add the folks that keep bit#hin about their trucks to this list.
I love people that can talk a lot and still say nothing that helps answer question that was asked or is even close to that subject. You must be a politican, right?

ZoranC

Old 01-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Can we please stick to the subject and drop the personal attacks?

Please?

Is it me or is my post count stuck at 92?

Please forget I asked that. lol

Old 01-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by slingshot I (along with a lot of other folks) would like to know exactly what our trucks have inside.
I am happy to hear I am not the only one.

Originally posted by slingshot Doubt seriously we are gonna find out from Ford... we aren't a gnat on a cow's *** to them.
I know what you mean, but those gnats is what feeds them, so if they dont respect us one day they might be very lonely and they might be very hungry. Even if they don't share that feeling, still there are laws that they do have to respect.

Originally posted by slingshot Has anyone talked to any actual engine builders?
If I would know who.

Originally posted by slingshot As far as not believing my mechanic buddy? I believe him completely ... He is the best mechanic at the place and worked as a crew member for Eddie Hill's top fuel dragster team for 10 years before that.
Tell him I was on his side even though I don't know him.

ZoranC

Old 01-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by crockett59 How about we ask Johnny Lightning or Jim@JDM or Sal@PSP? These guys have tore them apart......right?
That is what I suggested quite a while ago and it is being worked on since yesterday.

Originally posted by crockett59 Who cares if we have L rods and pistons... Yes they told all of us when we bought it that it has an L motor. Who cares...
I do and others do too. You don't and thats fine. Just dont try to convince us we shouldn't either. By the way, misrepresentation of vehicle specs during sale process constitutes fraud in California.

ZoranC

Old 01-23-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by HDf150inWV Can we please stick to the subject and drop the personal attacks?
Thank you! I am all for it.

Old 01-23-2003, 04:07 PM
Re: Help for Zoran!

Originally posted by LeeRandall But I thought you might like to know that I just (12:22PM, PST) got off the phone with a fellow named Matt Gourding at Ford SVT in Dearborn, MI. He is a tech-rep for SVT who's sole purpose is to address owner questions/concerns.
Lee,

I and others owe you one big Thank You! This is exactly what I was looking for.

I will be giving him a call.

ZoranC

Quick Reply: Rods???