Another SoCal event

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2000, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

RED S-CREW,
Glad to have you aboard

SoCal Chapter, (Man I like the sound of that)

Talked to the wife tonite and we thought it would be cool if we had a breakfast at my pad (scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, milk, OJ (not Simpson) etc...What do you guys think? Maybe between 8:30 to 9:00 then head out around 9:30. Give it a thought and let me know.

Later...Bigmike

------------------
Tan 97 F150, 2wd, Supercab, Tinted windows, Piaa's, 4.2/auto, Pwr everything 4/5 drop. Billet grill, Clear corners, Leather steering wheel cover, Pioneer CD head unit w/steering wheel remote, Alpine amp, Clifford alarm, custom box with a 10” Kicker pro comp sub.

Future mods: Thinking hard about 4-link rear & air on all corners, Shaved emblems, Rear roll pan

Old 07-29-2000, 01:52 AM
franks&beans
Cool

BM,
I was so excieted about the post I must have typed it in twice. SOCAL is long over-due for a rally. This should be a fun event.

Surfincowboy,
howdy, long time to see. ahhh e-mail for Jason's red truck? Not that I recall-sorry. drop a line (email in sig).
Caravanning from SD sounds like a great idea!

RED S-CREW, welcome to the list, please don't scream at us by using (all caps). Looking forward to meeting new SOCAL members, it's been a while. Now that were back from the TX Heat Wave and seeing all them TX Chapter members, I think it's time we start our own SOCAL chapter. What do ya'll (LOL) think of the idea? I aleady talked a Auto detail shop here in San Diego about all the rallies we have. They are willing to donate samples of there products for our rally members. This is a great opportunity to get more local shops, dealers to support us in in future events. This is a whole new area for me but I am willing to start the ball rolling to help create and mold a one-of-a-kind SOCAL or CA chapter. I already have some good idea's, thank's to the TX chapter folk, Thanks's ya'llllll. :-)

------------------
1998 (50th anniversary series) Solid Pacific Green Metallic F-150 XLT Supercab, 4.2L, Automatic (4R70W), 2WD, Limited Slip, 8.8 axle, Tow Pkg, 6' bed, Rear slider

Accessories added:

Performance:
Superchip / 4.10 gears / K&N air filter / Outerwear’s pre-filter / Dynomax Super Turbo muffler

Suspension:
Edelbrock IAS shocks / Hellwig rear sway bar

Other "stuff":
Color keyed outer grill / Stull polished grills / (4) 3A Racing 55 watt driving lights / (2) **** Cepek 150 watt driving lights, all controlled by SPDT switches / Clear corners / Fiberglass hood / Chrome F-150 emblems w/ side indicator markers / Signal mirrors / Driver side grab handle / White face gauges / Husky floor liners / B-Quiet / Carr side steps / 3" rear seat lift / Black Max soft Tonneau cover / Black Max cargo cleats / 3" body lift / OEM Chrome differential cover / Smart Park 2000 / Lighted Ford logo / (2) KC HiLight 55 watt back-up lights / Viper 550 alarm (remote start) / OEM fender flares / Lift lips / BFG AT's 265/75/16 tires / (Custom painted OEM air dam, antenna cover, tailgate handle, slotted taillight covers, all plastic shields under the hood, and stone guards) / 23 tooth speed-O gear.......

Contact me at;
lmaox10@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by franks&beans (edited 07-29-2000).]

Old 07-29-2000, 04:21 PM
Lightbulb

Big Mike, How goes it there buddy!! Breakfast sounds great to me!! I'll tell you what, i'll even put on my Chet "Boyardee" hat on and help out with the cookin!! Sounds like a winning recipe to get the guys together and maybe throw some ideas in to try and get our "SOCAL CHAPTER" started. Our brothers over in the "TEXAS CHAPTER" certainly gave us some great ideas. Hmmmmmm..... I may even hit up a few companies (Boston Acoustics,********,Good Guys are you listening????) to see if they can donate some goodies to a good cause!!! Boy, this may turn out pretty good. Guys/gals, try to come up with some ideas for our gathering, the more the better!

------------------
97 F-150: 5.4 with Jet chip for engine & tranny,Jet intake system, Jardine catback, Momo Vantage rims (18 x 8.5) on BFG 295 x 45 x ZR 18's, 2/4" drop via Eibach suspension,DJM shocks Cord Design flares,Lightning bumper assy. & bumper cover, Trenz billet grille, Boston Acoustics Pro Series speakers (8" subs,6" midbass drivers,tweeters, 5 X 7 rear fill speakers), Crossfire dual amplifiers (404S 4 Channel and 1000D class "D"), Alpine 1005 head unit/monitor, Alpine Navigational System, Alpine Digital Signal Processor with Eq controls, Alpine 6 disc changer, *******'s hard toneau cover w/ marine bedliner, 9007 headlight bulbs, white face gauges, magnesium alloy sport pedals.

Future mods: Kenne Bell Supercharger,Superchip, HID headlight system, 4.10 rear gears

Old 07-29-2000, 07:58 PM
Hey whats-up all, I will be going to the show as well, im about 50 minutes north of Irvine. I hope to see some of u there.
I dont know if i will be entering the truck, if i do, alot of it will be in primer, but if u see it there come by and say hello.

[This message has been edited by Cpt1 (edited 07-29-2000).]

Old 07-30-2000, 03:01 PM
CR1
Well, I don't know about the car show, but breakfast sure does sound good! Just kidding. Count me in, guys. This should be pretty cool.

------------------
*1999 2WD XLT 4.2L 4R70W Auto
*3.31 8.8" Rear End
*3" Bullseye Lift Spindles
*275/70/16 Dunlop Radial Rover A/T's
*Borla Catback
*Airaid Intake
*Clear Corners
*Alpine 5-Channel Amp
*4 Pioneer 6815 Speakers
*1 Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" Subwoofer http://www.geocities.com/cr1f150/mytruck.html

[This message has been edited by CR1 (edited 07-30-2000).]

Old 07-30-2000, 04:59 PM
Thumbs up

I'm there! Let me know if you want us to bring anything along. I like the idea of meeting in SD and caravaning to Mike's house, and then to the show.

Old 08-01-2000, 11:32 AM
Alright, since I got a written invitation from Franks & Beans I guess I'm in.

Where are the locals (L.A. & Orange Co) going to meet?

------------------
1999 Lariat Super Cab, S.B. 5.4L, 3.55 LS
and everything but the leaky slider window.
Bright red w/ gold 2-tone, Leather Captain's Chairs
Mods: Duraliner bedliner, Bugflector II, Hide-a-hooks.
& a leeetle chrome tip on the exhaust.

Old 08-01-2000, 03:46 PM
Cool

Hey Guy's,

If you all want to do the breakfast thing let me know how many in your party on the board so I can get a head count for the grub.

This is an open ivitation to all members attending the show whether you are new or old timers. Lets make it a Rally to remember!!!!

Directions: (easy) I live in Mission Viejo (So. Orange county) if you live in Irvine north, you want to go South on I405/I5 to Crown Valley Pkwy. If you live San Clemente South, you want to come North on the I5 to Crown Valley Pkwy.

Once on Crown Valley, go East about 1-1.5 miles until it dead ends (through 7 lights)Now you can only turn left or right so you'll want to turn left on Jardines, then an immediate left onto Tossammar, follow it up to the 2nd right which will be Cipres (pronounced cypress) turn right there, follow Cipres down and we are the third house from the end on the left side (cream w/blue trim) 27171 Cipres. Mission Viejo, CA 92692
I figure between 8:30am and 9:30am we can talk and eat then bail out at 9:30am and be at the show at 10:00ish.

Any questions you can E-mail me at:
big.mike@home.com

Later...Bigmike

------------------
Tan 97 F150, 2wd, Supercab, Tinted windows, Piaa's, 4.2/auto, Pwr everything 4/5 drop. Billet grill, Clear corners, Leather steering wheel cover, Pioneer CD head unit w/steering wheel remote, Alpine amp, Clifford alarm, custom box with a 10” Kicker pro comp sub.

Future mods: Thinking hard about 4-link rear & air on all corners, Shaved emblems, Rear roll pan

Old 08-03-2000, 12:26 AM
Thumbs up

So.Cal. Chapter

So far this is who I have down for breakfast but I need to know how many in each group:

MOVED TO TOP OF POST ^^^^^^

Later...Bigmike

------------------

[This message has been edited by big.mike (edited 08-03-2000).]

Old 08-03-2000, 12:56 AM
Cool

Hey Bigmike, thanks for the invitation; Me and my Wife will be attending.

------------------
2001 F-150 SUPERCREW XLT 2X4, 4.6, TOREADOR RED, 4 REAL DOORS, 3.55LS, PWR WINDOWS, PWR DOOR LOCKS, TILT, C.C., SLIDING REAR WINDOW, FLOWMASTER EXAUST (40 SERIES), RHINO SPRAY ON LINER AND TINTED WINDOWS.

Old 08-03-2000, 01:06 AM
Banned
Talking

Howdy CA. Guys !
Man, y'all are havin' that rally / show a few weeks too soon ! My wife & I won't be out there until just after that !

That's ok, y'all will have to set up another rally or get together at least.. so we can meet some more of you.
We'll be the ones driving up in the brand new convertible corvette that we'll be renting while we're there. Got to have a convertible when in CA. & that close to the beach !

Hey, Big Mike..... You give "Spankin' the Monkey" a whole new meaning w/that pic ! ROFLMAO !! That's great !
I'll let ya know when we'll be there so we can come for breakfast too !

Looking fwd. to meeting y'all out there in a month or two...

Chet, check on that Ferrari for me too, will ya buddy ?

SS from the "TEXAS" Chapter

Old 08-03-2000, 01:13 AM
Thumbs up

Hey!
Big mike count me in I'll be there at the California truck Jamboree.
I might be showing my truck not sure yet.
Any of the local guys meeting before the show
if so let me know where. Mike you lowered your truck 5 inches in the back what kit did you use.Please let me know my E mail address is sigmaqba@gte.net

see ya later
Nick.M.
California Cruiser

Old 08-03-2000, 01:48 AM
Thumbs up

SS97Ford

Let us know when you'll be out....I'm sure several of us would like to hook up and do "lunch" or something.

Later...Bigmike

Big.mike@home.com

------------------

Old 08-03-2000, 11:29 AM
Only one for SurfinCowboy, Thanks Mike

------------------
2001 Supercrew:White,XLT 4x4,5.4L,K&N Filter.
*manik4x4.com MANIK Brushguard grille, side rails.(tail light covers coming soon-new design)keep checking for the '01 Screw accessories coming soon- That will be MY truck in the pics!!!!
*line-x.com Bedliner (gray).

Old 08-03-2000, 04:00 PM
franks&beans
Cool

Count us in for 2 Bigmike.

Tropic Traveler, SurfinCowboy, Dirtslinger??? and anyone else, are we caravaning up to Bigmikes pad? Let me know. Maybe we can all meet at the ~usual~ Chevron gas station in Carlsbad (near the flower fields) and go from there?

We could meet there NLT say 0700 (AM)

F's&B's

------------------
1998 (50th anniversary series) Solid Pacific Green Metallic F-150 XLT Supercab, 4.2L, Automatic (4R70W), 2WD, Limited Slip, 8.8 axle, Tow Pkg, 6' bed, Rear slider

Accessories added:

Performance:
Superchip / 4.10 gears / K&N air filter / Outerwear’s pre-filter / Dynomax Super Turbo muffler

Suspension:
Edelbrock IAS shocks / Hellwig rear sway bar

Other accessories "added":
Color keyed outer grill / Stull polished grills / (4) 3A Racing 55 watt driving lights / (2) **** Cepek 150 watt driving lights, all controlled by SPDT switches / Clear corners / Fiberglass hood / Chrome F-150 emblems w/ side indicator markers / Trenz billet antenna / Muth signal mirrors / Driver side grab handle / White face gauges / Husky floor liners / B-Quiet / Carr side steps / 3" rear seat lift / Black Max soft tonneau cover / Black Max cargo cleats / 3" body lift / OEM Chrome differential cover / Smart Park 2000 / (2) Lighted Ford logos / (2) KC HiLight 55 watt back-up lights / Viper 550 alarm (remote start) / OEM fender flares / Lift lips / BFG AT's 265/75/16 tires / (Custom painted OEM air dam, antenna cover, tailgate handle, slotted taillight covers, all plastic covers under the hood, and stone guards) / 23 tooth speed-O gear.......

Contact me at;
lmaox10@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by franks&beans (edited 08-03-2000).]

Quick Reply: Another SoCal event