"Texas Chapter in Truckin' Magazine's "December Issue" ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2000, 01:42 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up "Texas Chapter in Truckin' Magazine's "December Issue" ???

On a side note, but much bigger to us all... I got a call today from the head "EDITOR of Truckin' Magazine", Steve Warner. I told him about the storm & how the computers went down right before the awards ceremony, etc., etc.,... He said he doesn't write anything up about "wins" in a show they cover, unless the show promoters contact him or send him a list. I will tell David from the Heatwave to contact him with the info. to prove that we "WON" the Club award/trophy & then I will send him some pics as well.

He told me that he is "ALWAYS" looking for "Good Looking FORDS" & we talked about how Chevy's are a dime a dozen & that the magazine seems Chevy biased most of the time. But that is because Chevy's aftermarket stuff is so much cheaper & therefore, "more chevy's". Anyway, I need to ask ALL OF YOU that have any good pics that aren't up yet or even that are up & I may have missed to send them to me. Send me pics of our lineup & any that you think are Magazine Quality. He said that they haven't gotten all the pics out I guess yet, but that the Heatwave 2000 coverage will be in the "December 2000 Issue" & will hit the news stands on October 11th I think ? I know for sure about the Dec. 2000 part.
I am going to stay in touch with him & really try to get him to put some pics & mention us in the article. That would be TOO COOL & is what we all wanted !

I'll keep y'all posted ! Thanks to everyone who came out & made this possibility, a "possibility". Keep your fingers crossed that we will get in !

I'm going to contact Sport Truck as well & see what's up with them & their article...

CONGRATS TO US ALL !!!

SS

[This message has been edited by SS97Ford (edited 08-04-2000).]

Old 08-04-2000, 08:54 AM
Question

When you ask for "all of us" for pictures of our trucks are you also wanting pictures from people that weren't even at your meet???

Old 08-04-2000, 06:18 PM
I think he means the people that were in the Heatwave Show.

Sean, that is great news buddy, just great

Old 08-04-2000, 07:43 PM
Banned
Mudder, you are right. The pics he wants from me are only the pics of the heatwave show. SOrry Tina, but he did say that he's always on the lookout for Ford trucks. He said we could send him our truck pics for submission to the readers rides section or for a spread. He will look at them & then get them to the right people who handle those sections.

As for the heatwave pics, I'm sure they got good ones themselves, but he hasn't seen any yet. He said to send him some if we had some good ones & if they put us in the article, he may use one of them ? If they don't just use their own.

Gotta run...

SS

Quick Reply: "Texas Chapter in Truckin' Magazine's "December Issue" ???