Please Help ! us get this Kit "BACK"

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2000, 01:59 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please Help ! us get this Kit "BACK"

Steve E., please allow me this multiple board topic for just 1 week. As you can see what I'm trying to get done, I want to get as many people to do this.
Thanks !
Sean

Hi BOARD Members,
I'm asking everyone here to please take a moment & do something for not only myself, but others that I know who want to buy this setup as well. Also, those of you who don't know about this, may end up being interested.

I just spoke w/ "John Sauer" from a co. called "Aftermarket Automotive Parts Distributing Network" at 503-649-5577. This guy is the "ONLY" internet link to a body kit for our F150's made by "Classic Design". I and a few others from our site want to purchase the kit for the 97/98 models & they only have a kit for the 99/00 models available. You may have seen this kit in the December 99 issue of "Sport Truck" on page 140 I believe ?
Anyway, please go to http://www.aapd.net/cdc/f-series/99stylingkit.asp
and fill out the "Please take the F-150 Survey" link & ask them to bring back the kit for the 97/98 model.
Even if you don't want this kit, please help out your "fellow f150onliners" by doing this. It is a short questionnaire.
John, who sells this kit from AAPD, "the only one who does", says he is a "personal friend" of the owner of Classic Design Concepts, and that he spoke to the owner & the owner said he "WOULD" bring this kit back if he gets enough resoponse to "THIS SURVEY". So far, there are only 37 responses to date. Please help get this number higher.
Alot of us would appreciate this help very much !
Thanks for taking the time to read this & I guess we'll see what happens.
Also, for those of you who like the kit shown for the 99/00, currently it is only sold as a "whole kit". If there are enough comments about wanting to buy the pieces separately, he said he will do this as well !
Thanks again !
Here's the link again, http://www.aapd.net/cdc/f-series/99stylingkit.asp
This will be up for only 1 more week approx.

If this works, you will see it on my truck in April in San Antonio along w/some more "Look Changes" !

Sean in "Texas" (SS97FORD)

Old 02-01-2000, 03:29 PM
Thumbs down

Looks like a rip-off of the lightning design.
C'mon. I thought your "lexus edition" truck was really unique and cool looking. I've heard of rice boys putting "turbo" stickers on non-turbos for the "looks". For $1100 you could do some really cool stuff with your truck. Be Original!

Old 02-01-2000, 04:04 PM
Thumbs down

That would be really unfortunate to have people building a Lightning wanna be. The next step would be these wanna be's would be trying to race people and get their doors blown off, and then people would think the Lightning was a really slow vehicle. Oh, well, just my .02 worth, putting on the firesuit.

Old 02-01-2000, 04:08 PM
Banned
Exclamation

I am being original, "THAT Picture" is of the 99/00 kit. I "DO" like it, but I want the skirting/BOTH SIDE dual exhaust that is for the 97/98 that is not pictured.
I have picked out "ANother" bumper cover from a different manufacturer & am going to "combine" the two !
I DO like the look of this kit pictured though. If FORD would have made an "extended" cab lightning, I'd be driving "that" right now...

Please go fill out the survey to help us get the 97/98 exhaust kit back into production.

SS

Old 02-01-2000, 06:53 PM
Question

SS97Ford do they make a left and right exhaust skirting? How close to the stock Lightning skirting is the aftermarket. I would like duels if the skirting is close to the stock or I would eliminate the side exhaust and have turned down tips exiting the rear.

------------------
RED 99 LIGHTNING
Cat Back Flowmaster Muffler System Downs Ford Air Intake

Old 02-01-2000, 08:36 PM
Banned
ScottoDog, The kit for the exhaust is out both sides and is a bolt up kit to your truck. If you want more info give me an e-mail and I will hook you up with my father BlackHawk. He has that set up.

Nathan, One Flame on the Lightning Thread would be enough. By the way My truck Is very compariable to the price of yours and Mine has been around since what year?? 1997 Considering that Mine has a better handling package. Leather throughout. Chrome Wheels. A Super Cab. And lets not forget my hood (but that is a Rip Off of the Cobra Mustang).

------------------
Mumbly also known as Buck
Carrollton Texas (DFW), Member of Fordified.
Black 1999 Stage 3 Roush F-150 Super Cab Flairside
Here are all the goodies: Kenne Bell Supercharger, Roush Suspension, 18"x 9.5 Chrome Wheels, B. F. Goodrich Z295/45, Full Ground Effects, Roush Leather Signatured Interior (Front and Back), Flowmaster with Side Exit Infront of the Wheel, Embroidered Floor Mats, F1 Cobra Hood, ******* Hard Tonneau, Bedrug, Slide Window, and lots of other little odds and ends

Work rhigh@nortelnetworks.com
Anytime mumbly_f150@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 02-01-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 02-01-2000).]

Old 02-01-2000, 10:18 PM
Cool

Here is an excert I just finished reading that I think WE ALL can agree to...and an exchange of words that I just read should not be neccessary amongst the most loyal and trusted group of members in the automotive industry:
"Modifying these trucks for better performance is every bit as valid as owning a Cobra or any other form of vehicle, as the only person this matters to is the actual owner of each vehicle. It's *their* choice. Some people make the mistake of thinking or saying things like "I use my truck for what a truck is *supposed* to be used for". How utterly absurd a thought, everybody has their own opinion on that, and their own reasons for why they bought a truck. Many people simply want the safety that being in a big heavy heavy vehicle with a taller profile than a passenger car gives them in certain situations. Some people use them only for towing. Some people use them for show vehicles. Some people are obsessed with gas mileage, in which they maybe should be in another type of vehicle than a 2.5 ton truck with the aerodynamic profile of several stacks of bricks.
The point being, *all* of the reasons why people own the vehicles that they do are just as valid as anyone else's reason. We can be thankful for the fact that these F-150's are so versatile, that people love them for everything from drag strip monsters to monster trucks, to towing machines, to work trucks, to grocery haulers, and Ford builds 750,000 of them every year. Which is also why we have this very place to come and hang out, thanks to the extremely wide appeal of these vehicles, and their owners wanting to learn how to best maximize them for their own unique purposes."
This was a quote taken from another message board that I felt really needed to be heard here. We all love our trucks for what they are and for what we want them to become.
So take a deep breath and shake hands!!!

[This message has been edited by cableguy (edited 02-01-2000).]

Trending Topics

Old 02-01-2000, 10:43 PM
Banned
Thumbs up

Your da Man Cableguy. Very well put!!!!

Old 02-01-2000, 10:44 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Nathan,

Please answer; What is wrong with "ripping off" of the lightning design?

Kindest regards

Jean Marc Chartier

------------------
00 F-150 XLT SC Flairside 4x4 4.6 w/5spd
Warn XD9000i, skid plates, Draw tite class III,
Rancho RSX Reflex shocks,
SmittyBilt Nerfs, Borla Cat Back
Modified Air Cleaner Outlet Tube,
Superchips

Old 02-02-2000, 01:10 AM
So you guys are saying that if someone dresses up their truck to look just like yours.... implying that it IS just like yours... But that truck had a poorly maintenanced four banger in it, you wouldn't be the least bit frustrated? What about when some jerk who drives a shoovie says....

"I blew the doors of a POS just like yours... so I know yours is junk."

Of course you can't prove him wrong, because like all shoovies, his is in the shop....

HMMMMM!!!!!

Old 02-02-2000, 01:40 AM
Banned
Lightbulb

Figured this should go here too to clear this up for good !

Please read this whole post, it will totally clear this up & I think everyone will be happy.

Metallic Blue, you are right, but it's past that point.
But hopefully "THIS" will "TOTALLY & FINALLY" clear this up & Nathan would hopefully go fill out the survey as well.

First, the kit nathan put up is & has been in production & is not going away. That kit is not going to stop. The kit I want & what this is all about is the kit for the 97/98 model trucks.

The kit I'm talking about, but is not pictured anywhere "ONLY" consists of "side skirts" from behind the front wheel to the back wheel.
These skirts are not even skirts really. At the end right in front of the rear wheel, they house an exhaust outlet. Kind of looks like "sidepipes" but enclosed except for the exit. That's it !

Nathan, you have "SEEN in Person" this kit. It's on Mumbly's father in laws F150, it's not even close to the picture you put up.

There was also an article in the December 99 issue of "Sport Truck" showing the install of the exhaust kit I want.

The survey is for people to ask for this kit to be put back into reproduction.
I spent over half an hour "on the telephone" talking to the guy at the "only" co. that sells this kit. http://www.aapd.net
And "THIS GUY that I was talking to is Personal Friends" w/the owner of Classic Design Concepts & "HE Told me to get as many people to fill out the survey as possible" ! Even if they don't want it ! I told him all about our site here & he was very happy to have talked to me & filled me in on all this. He has had alot of requests for the kit since it was cancelled & wants to bring it back for his customers.

Now, here's the clincher... The owner of Classic is stuck in the OLD WORLD of Non-Internet use. He doesn't advertise & hasn't except through aapd.net ! He doesn't understand that the majority of potential customers are coming via "THE INTERNET" !
Now does all this make a little more sense.
I never thought I'd have to or needed to go into this much detail on this. I figured alot of people would just go fill out the survey to help another F150 guy(s) out !
I agree that the kit Nathan put up resembles a lightning, but that is not even close to what I'm after !
Now, will everybody smile, shake electronic hands, and go fill out the survey please ???
I really want to get the 97/98 kit & the owner of classic designs told "John Sauers", the guy who owns aapd.net, that if he could show him that alot of people still like or want or even show an interest of some sort, that he will start production of the kit again !
That's it.
I don't want a lightning look alike or intend to try to build one. I just want dual side exit exhausts ! This kit !

Thanks & I hope this puts this to rest...

I really thank those of you who have gone & filled out the survey & asked for the reproduction of the 97/98 exhaust kit.

SS

This is a picture that shows the kit I'm talking about the best. It's hard to see, but look at the black truck on the left, not Mumbly's Roush. It has the exact kit I'm talking about. The exhaust exits on "Both sides", in front of the rear wheels !
THere is "Not even a bumper cover involved" in the kit I want or the survey for it !

Old 02-02-2000, 01:53 AM
Banned
Cool

Lightning Dammitt, I understand what your saying and yes it does make me upset. But I'm not going to slander a Lightning for getting the Roush Suspension. That is his way of expressing his induviduality. I have people out there buying 15 dollar stickers and placing them on their windshield that say Roush. I have even seen a Roush sticker on a chevy (Don't know why, but I did). There are people out there that are buying the Lightning emblems and placing them on all types of F150s but we can't do much to stop them. The only thing we can do is show the person that is uneducated about our truck that they are the original, either bye racing or inspection.

This whole thing has got out of hand but the fact remains is that Nathan posted a derogatory remark straight at SS and anyone who may have this kit, and there are some on the Board. I'm sure that with the response that SS has posted and Nathan's add-on to his thread that this issue will be solved.

Dog gone it SS Ya got me again. Sorry for posting after you are trying to resolve the issue.

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 02-02-2000).]

Old 02-02-2000, 08:25 AM
Someone up above talks about 'rip-off of the Lightning design' and 'Be original'. As great as the Lightning is (and it is great), most of it was taken from ROUSH. ROUSH had everything that the Lighning had back in 97-98, then, and only then did the Lightning come out (in 1999), with a somewhat softer version of the ROUSH suspension (and SVT still can't do what ROUSH has done - offer a great suspension in an Extended Cab).

Is the Lightning great? Yes. Original? No.

SS97, your truck as it is now is original and with that kit, it will be even more so. Do the kit - it will be great!!

Come on everyone, lets all join in and reply to that survey. SS97 needs our help on that survey - lets all join in and help out! Lets show that owner of Classic how big the F-150 is on the Internet. And if it works, and SS97 gets the kit put on, we can all say, 'Hey we had a hand in that!'

------------------
Silver_Roush
1999 Ford F150 ROUSH
5.4 V8,SuperCab,FlairSide
AirRaid, SuperChip, FlowMaster Exhaust, Snuglid w/ BedRug

[This message has been edited by Silver_Roush (edited 02-02-2000).]

Old 02-02-2000, 09:39 AM
ROFLAO,
Sorry Mudder, DavidH, and all you other 4 x 4 owners...I have done a bad thing..I have lifted my truck (4x2) to be taller and look like a 4x4. I am sorry Im a fake..a copy...Think I will get the kit SS wants to..ha ha..a look alike lightning in a fake 4x4 look..I would really screw up those other people huh.....
Guys I would think it to be flattering to have guys copy different things on each others trucks..I thought that is what this forum was all about, getting ideas from other f-150 owners...the f1 hood on Mumblys truck..ommmmm Wyldmans Lightning now has one did he copy ? Who cares ? It looks damn good...Do I care if someone makes there truck looklike mine, no..I will have to buy something to make it different, oh give me another excuse to buy something..ouch hurt me...and Lightning guys, you guys can tell the fakes from the real thing..and you guys are lucky enough to own one..I to would buy one if they came in a supercab, but since they dont, some of us will have to make our own...wow my .02 cents takes alot to say....

hope to see you all in April, no matter what you drive..........Dave

BY THE WAY SEAN I FINISHED THE SURVEY FOR YOU BUDDY..........
------------------
1998 F-150, SC/Flairside,oxford white 4x2,4.6,auto,3.55s,nerf bars,cls 111 towing,bed liner w/mat,atlas polished wheels w/285/75 R/16 BFG A/Ts (black side out),all plastics guards/bug shields,air raid/k & n filter, superchipped, duals out the back corners, flow master 3 chamber, snug top lid, f-150 online sticker back window-honk if you see me!!! Fabtech 3 1/2 lift .coverking dash cover.
San Antonio
DWESSELS89@AOL.COM

[This message has been edited by DAVENSA (edited 02-02-2000).]

Old 02-02-2000, 10:58 AM
Banned
Smile

Thanks Dave, Mumbly, Chris, Mudder, Cableguy & all who have filled out the survey !
To all of you who did fill out the survey... The first round is on me in SA !
Even those of you who didn't fill it out, it's still on me.. WHY would I still do this you ask. BECAUSE...it's about being nice to your fellow F150onliner pals. For helping them out to get something they want. Even if it's not something that you do.
Those of you who understand this, get the good stuff,.. those of you who don't, well.. you get the $.39 beer in the thinnest recycled aluminum can the store has. LOL...

Seriously, thanks for filling out the survey for me.
I will call this guy John Sauers at the end of the week & ask him what the #'s look like now. Hopefully the quadrupled at "the least" by then...

SS

Quick Reply: Please Help ! us get this Kit "BACK"