Question for everyone --->

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patrick:

I think that you may have asked the wrong question. How about this:

"What did you study in college/want to be when you grew up vs what you actually do?"

I know that I wanted to be an astronaut, and I studied a lot of a lot of Chemistry in college and got a B.S. degree; however I wound up having a desk job at the phone company.

Don't limit your career choices to the neat definitions in the course manual from your school, there are jobs out there that you can't even imagine. Do you think Hank Hill planned to sell propane and propane accessories?

Old 11-05-2002, 05:38 PM
I dont currently have any plans of dropping out, but im just a little confused about what to do. Ive heavily considered business mangement/adminsitration as a major cause i konw there are alot of possability out there. Im just not real sure yet...but ive got time.

Old 11-05-2002, 07:17 PM
Green_98,

Whatever you do, get a degree and at least try to minor in business. Then you have at least a little basis for starting your own business.

Unless you want to get into some technical area, consider a liberal arts type of degree. You would be surprised how valuable a degree in something like English can be. I'm an accountant, but I can easily teach someone who can write and speak in public to do my job. But, it is really tough to teach someone how to do those two things.

Being self-employed is, like everything else, what you make of it. You can work as hard or as little as you want, depending on what you want to get out of the business. Most people who've done financially well in life (whatever that means) are in someway self-employed.

Anyway, Good Luck, you’ve got a great future in front of you.

BOB

Last edited by F150BOB; 11-06-2002 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:48 PM
thanks for the replys ive got a appt with my advisor next week ill discuss some possabilities with her

Quick Reply: Question for everyone --->