Howd you like to do this for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

One of my roomates friends is in the Coast Guard. He's stationed in Puerto Rico right now. He told me a few stories of stuff they've done. He said that once they were chasing a boat that wouldn't stop so they shot the engines out of it with a .50cal machine gun. That sounds pretty cool to me.
This guy actually shot someone too (different incident). They boarded a boat they suspected of having drugs on it and while they were doing a search one of the bad buys charged at him with a weapon and he shot the guy in the leg with him 9mm.

-All in a days work i suppose

Old 12-08-2001, 01:19 AM
That's my que

Originally posted by FleasF-150eatshondas
Sidewalk, I don't know what your problem is, but I'd like to see you tackle some of those waves yourself. And you're wrong about officers and enlisted; if they didn't get along that well, do you think our military would be as powerful as it is now? Enlisted would be nothing without the guidance and knowledge of the officers; officers would be nothing without the support and skill of the enlisted.

As far as Bill being a loser, you don't **** off Flea... Bill's my bro; I'll have to put a hurtin' on ya!

-Flea
I am a friend of Bill's, that is how I found this site. We both work in the same office. If he ever gets off his lazy ***, he might actually get promoted to be equal with me He has mentioned you before, I was lingering over his shoulder when he posted the "whats up" thread with the rockin' bass player pic.

Some day I will yank his F 150 out of some mud, if our wives ever let us go play.

He is still a loser, he has to be, why else would he hang out with me?

Old 12-08-2001, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Sidewalk

Try 35's

Hahaha... No way. I remember seeing what 25' seas did to a 95' cutter. Smashed in the bulkhead below the bridge and peeled the paint off the bow.

Old 12-08-2001, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Dennis

Hahaha... No way. I remember seeing what 25' seas did to a 95' cutter. Smashed in the bulkhead below the bridge and peeled the paint off the bow.
I was on a 180' Bouy Tender in Alaska. 15' was a nice day going accross the gulf. I saw 25' a lot. The one storm we had was going back and forth between 25' and 35'. Not bad for a ship built in WWII. She is a stromg ship and can go through a lot without taking damage.

Old 12-08-2001, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

<trying not to look too stupid>

Thought you were just flaming him. <British accent> Right then, sorry 'bout that. Guess I was more tired then I thought last night. :rollseyes:

-Flea

Old 12-08-2001, 07:46 PM
So you're hangin out over here now Sidewalk? I haven't seen you around since all that BS happened over at rrorc. How ya doin. BTW I'm 91_2wd over there, I go to school with bogger

Old 12-08-2001, 07:52 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself, Flea.

I think it was noble of you to stand up for a fellow board member.

Old 12-09-2001, 03:11 AM
Killer pic.... got any links? I saw a show on the training of the crews, Cape Fear if I remember correctly.

When I went in the service the only branch I considered other than the Marines was the Coast Guard. (Not knocking the others) At the time I thought a rescue related field would be good for staying in shape, and a good adrenalin rush without getting shot at much. Problem was too many people wanted those fields so the recruiters held back on the guarantees.

I wish I could get some pics of the SEAL Team HSBs. Another good job to have! They don't play in the extreme weather you guys deal with, but they dance through the smaller stuff fairly quick. I live not far from where one of the special boat units "doesn't exist".

Better yet, you should see the trucks they pull them with. I think now they may have a couple types, put the older ones were the "F-freakin Monster" series!

Last edited by signmaster; 12-10-2001 at 03:31 AM.
Old 12-09-2001, 11:58 AM
Be proud

Originally posted by FleasF-150eatshondas
<trying not to look too stupid>

Thought you were just flaming him. <British accent> Right then, sorry 'bout that. Guess I was more tired then I thought last night. :rollseyes:

-Flea
I was trying to give the appearance of flaming and still hint at the fact that I am in the USCG. I wanted to see how long it would take before someone spoke up. Like J-150 said.

powerstroke73: I cruise over here a little, not too much though. my97f150 goes to RRORC to screw with me.

I barely look over at the RRORC anymore, mostly just enough to check out the local board. I check out TRS a little more.

signmaster:I am sure we have some links around somewhere, I'll try to remember to dig some up.

Old 12-09-2001, 07:51 PM
Thumbs up Flea your a true Bro

Flea, thanks for sticking up for me. Yeah me and Sidewalk do hang out and work together. I like to go over to rrorc.com and screw with him, so he's just gettin me back. So hows Shawna doin?

Old 12-09-2001, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She's doing great now; gonna go back to school tomorrow. It's good to see her back on her feet so quickly. She's a tough girl.

Looks like my band might finally be getting some popularity. We're gonna be playing at a local night club pretty soon. Ya'll will have to look for me when we hit the big top (yea, right!)

-Flea

Old 12-09-2001, 09:52 PM
Hook me up with some back stage passes when you do

I used to play bass, but then I realized that I suck. Why is it I am the only person in my family with no musical talent? Hell, even my wife sung the national anthem for the :cough: Oakland A's.

Old 12-10-2001, 09:37 AM
sidewalk: know what you mean about requesting actually i got pretty lucky when i was in the army. i actually managed to get both of my requests. germany and N.C.
thought about coast guard when i went in also but the waiting list was unreal. everyone wants to play with those toys i guess.
never been on anything close to that magnitude myself. worst for me was a 33' on lake mich in 6' waves. or the time my dad took me fishing when i was about 12 yo in a 12' with a tiller on lake superior. a storm came in and we rode 8-10' waves all the way home. it was actually pretty fun. he was in the navy and i probably trust him too much when it comes to boats, but what the heck we aint dead yet right.
still think i'd like to try riding that puppy though. don't know about doin' it all the time.
BTW: is there a story in there somewhere that we should know about tossin' cookies?

Old 12-10-2001, 10:10 AM
Heres a pic of my first unit.

Yep there she is 378 feet of steel for me to paint as a nonrate.
Thank god my paintin days are over now.

Old 12-10-2001, 10:41 AM

This is my first boat, the one I saw 35's in. 180' Bouy Tender. The 378' stays out a lot longer then the 180'.
http://www.sunspot.net/news/local/ba...tguard22.story
My97offroad here has seen some nasty **** too at his station. They get some killer breakers out here.

The story of me tossing cookies is just that I get sea sick fairly easily. I have not taken a med yet that helped. All I can do is drink as much as I can and go along for the ride. If I don't drink enough I start getting so weak that I can't even crawl into bed. No food stays down.

BTW, if you get motion sick, water hurts the least coming back up

Quick Reply: Howd you like to do this for a living?