In love with 2019 FORD F450 LIMITED

Old 12-24-2018, 08:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In love with 2019 FORD F450 LIMITED

Hello guys! I just fell in love with new 2019 F450 and I can't help sharing with Ford fans like I am. The price tag is too hefty for me, so I am going to just stare at this beast until I have enough money to take it home.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-24-2018, 08:43 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I would love a F450 Limited. The price tag is crazy tough to get at. The only way I could justify it is needing it for a business where you spend your life in it OR you just have that kind of cash sitting around burning a hole in your pocket.

My next truck will most likely be a F350 reg cab 4x4 with the 6.7 PSD with some fixins'. Even that price tag has me still questioning...

Old 12-24-2018, 10:30 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Those trucks cost as much as a new home did back when the wife and I were first married - still leaves me in disbelief how many you see driving around! In my day people talked about being “house poor” but nowadays a lot of people must be “truck poor”......

Old 12-24-2018, 11:39 AM

From what I've witnessed in the past decade: People have their priorities out of whack.

Lately folks in my area have these really nice cars and trucks ($50k+ x2), but their house is falling apart and they complain they don't have money to make ends meet.

You'd think you'd want to "own" your house and fix it up to make it look somewhat presentable, but nope, that $50k F150 and that $40k Toyota is more important... So when you add up utilities, mortgage, 2 car payments, food/daily expenses, you are left with not much if any, usually nothing. People are so far behind in debt its crazy. Seems like when people get paid more at a job, they feel entitled to "spend" more.

I'm almost done paying off my house. When I do, I'll reward myself and buy a new vehicle. I don't need a fancy automobile now.... my current vehicles work just fine for what I do.

Maybe I was brought up different... you pay your debts before you have a lavish lifestyle. For now, I'm paying the piper on my house and driving around in 10+ year old vehicles. It is what it is. Even after I get done paying off my house, it's nice not having large debt. So it's gonna be a couple years before anyone sees me truck shopping...

Old 12-25-2018, 01:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
From what I've witnessed in the past decade: People have their priorities out of whack.

Lately folks in my area have these really nice cars and trucks ($50k+ x2), but their house is falling apart and they complain they don't have money to make ends meet.

You'd think you'd want to "own" your house and fix it up to make it look somewhat presentable, but nope, that $50k F150 and that $40k Toyota is more important... So when you add up utilities, mortgage, 2 car payments, food/daily expenses, you are left with not much if any, usually nothing. People are so far behind in debt its crazy. Seems like when people get paid more at a job, they feel entitled to "spend" more.

I'm almost done paying off my house. When I do, I'll reward myself and buy a new vehicle. I don't need a fancy automobile now.... my current vehicles work just fine for what I do.

Maybe I was brought up different... you pay your debts before you have a lavish lifestyle. For now, I'm paying the piper on my house and driving around in 10+ year old vehicles. It is what it is. Even after I get done paying off my house, it's nice not having large debt. So it's gonna be a couple years before anyone sees me truck shopping...
I couldn't agree with you more. I am the same way. I don't think that is just in your area, though. It is the same here. Those same people are carrying around $1000 cell phones with $150 monthly payments too! Makes no sense to me. To each his own, I guess...

Old 12-25-2018, 07:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Up here around Cleveland most of the individuals who live in the inner city live in dilapidated houses that should be condemned, but drive 60-70K caddy's and spend 4-500 on getting their nails done and 800-1000 on their hair and will spend 500 a night on bottle service at the club. They mostly do this to impress each other but none of them are smart enough to realize that all of them are doing it and they are all broke because they waste their money on superficial nonsense.

Old 12-25-2018, 07:59 PM

Yepper, it sure is interesting.

For the past 10 years since my dad passed, and I took over the house that all I've been doing is funneling my money into the mortgage... I keep telling myself it's a real estate investment...

I remember the first night sleeping in my "own" house that I grew up in, that the bank still owns, now knowing if I screw up, I'll lose everything. Even though I got about a year to pay it off, it still bothers me that the "bank" still owns my "own" house.

One of my next moves I got to do, before going to the bank and giving them their last bit of green backs, is to double check my homeowners insurance... even if it might cost me even more, I really don't care... even though, I'm 99.9% everything is covered, I want to be absolutely sure. Maybe even get an attorney to double check it.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:51 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't want to get tempted even looking at a new F-450!!

Old 12-31-2018, 10:20 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
They don't come with the correct number of pedals anymore. When my 6.4L pops, it'll be a rebuilt 6.0/ZF truck time.

Adrianspeeder

Old 01-01-2019, 12:20 AM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Or you can jump ship and get a Ram, you can still get a stick with a diesel.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:51 AM

Eh, the 6 Speed Manual G56 Transmission isn't that great from what I've read. Especially the stock clutch and the need for extra cooling. The brethren NV5600 wasn't all that impressive with it's constant need for oil changes and would bust if you lugged it in 6th. Forgot about modding the engine, because that transmission is rated for 660-675 ft/lbs.

Would be neat to see them throw in a non-sync, say Eaton Fuller 10 speed MT gearbox, in a medium duty pickup. Then it can keep up with the Jones' (automatics). But imagine people trying to learn how to shift that?! LOL

Manual is now for a "niche" market. People that want old school, and don't plan on doing anything with their truck.

In all reality, my next truck will be automatic... I love stick, but things like I mentioned above, isn't worth it. Manual was supposed to be less complicated, less parts, and more durable. Now it's the other way around for the most part.

Last edited by ManualF150; 01-01-2019 at 09:54 AM. Reason: added more... and more...
Old 01-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by PawPaw
I don't want to get tempted even looking at a new F-450!!
C’mon, Paw - you don’t want to leave all your money to the kids - pull the trigger......

Old 01-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Or you can jump ship and get a Ram, you can still get a stick with a diesel.
I've only owned one Dodge, and I sold it in a week.

Adrianspeeder

Old 01-01-2019, 08:56 PM
If I could go back in my life and purchase one new vehicle that I missed out on it would be a ‘91-‘93 Dodge Ram - regular cab, long box, Cummins and four wheel drive! I wanted one SO BAD when they were new but just couldn’t afford a new truck at the time. By the time I was in a strong enough financial position to splurge on a new vehicle the ‘94+ body style was already out and they just didn’t do anything for me......

Old 01-03-2019, 09:17 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo

C’mon, Paw - you don’t want to leave all your money to the kids - pull the trigger......
That would mean I would have to go back to work and that ain't gonna happen!! I'll just have to suffer with my '17 for awhile..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: In love with 2019 FORD F450 LIMITED