In love with 2019 FORD F450 LIMITED

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 09:22 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
I've only owned one Dodge, and I sold it in a week.

Adrianspeeder

We had this '95 Dodge conversion van for 2 yrs and that was enough!!

Old 01-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Seems to be a common denominator here, Dodge makes crappy trucks. I made the mistake of buying a 2000 Dakota SLT+, their very best Dakota. I was at Texas World Speedway doing testing for NASCAR when on the way home, blew a tire. NOBODY in the entire United States had a replacement tire of the same size. It was a bastard size for the tire/wheel package. Then found out the rear axle was mounted wrong, the firewall on the passenger side was never welded to the B pillar, The transmission took a dump, and then as I was taking a shortcut in the Texas Hill Country, the odometer read "no bus" and I was walking in 110F temps. No cell service either. Took the Dodge dealer 6 hours to come get me and then after they had the truck a month, told me they could not find a PCM for it any where. I bought an after market performance one, took it to them, picked it up the next day and drove straight to my bud that owns a Ford dealership. The truck had 16,000 miles on it. You couldn't give me a Dodge or Ram truck.

My nephew bought a Durango. It lived at the dealership with every imaginable issue. They finally told him after 7 months of working on it that they would not work on it again despite still being in warranty. He found some 16" decals of lemons, put them on the side windows and parked on the street in front of the dealership. He went back to driving a GM. You don't want to mention the word Dodge around him as it still makes him go ballistic.

Been buying Fords since 1974. Bought my first one in 1974. Still have the first one. The only time not driving a Ford since 1974 was the Dakota. Won't make that mistake again. The only Ford I had that was a semi headache was a 1983 F250 regular cab 6.9 Diesel. Got fabulous gas mileage out it. Empty I could hit 28 mpgs with it at the then max speed limit of 55. I can tell you how much weight I put on my 24 ft goose neck. The trailer was 2 lbs short of 10,000lbs, it was no light weight trailer being a dual tandem. I put as much as 24,000 lbs on the trailer and it walked off with it. It wouldn't run any faster than 50 mph but it did a great job at that one load. Stopping it was another issue even with both trailer axles having brakes. Never overloaded the truck again. But I had injector pump problems and then the harmonic balancer went thru the radiator at 26,000 miles. Took the alternator with it. Ford said tough cookies, it's out of warranty. That didn't settle well. That's $3,000.00 I'll never see again. Sold it cheap to a bud who put another 100,000 miles on it and then the block cracked. That year 6.9 was noted for being a problem child and had lots of issues with the head gaskets but it never had them replaced.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ManualF150
From what I've witnessed in the past decade: People have their priorities out of whack.

Lately folks in my area have these really nice cars and trucks ($50k+ x2), but their house is falling apart and they complain they don't have money to make ends meet.

You'd think you'd want to "own" your house and fix it up to make it look somewhat presentable, but nope, that $50k F150 and that $40k Toyota is more important... So when you add up utilities, mortgage, 2 car payments, food/daily expenses, you are left with not much if any, usually nothing. People are so far behind in debt its crazy. Seems like when people get paid more at a job, they feel entitled to "spend" more.

I'm almost done paying off my house. When I do, I'll reward myself and buy a new vehicle. I don't need a fancy automobile now.... my current vehicles work just fine for what I do.

Maybe I was brought up different... you pay your debts before you have a lavish lifestyle. For now, I'm paying the piper on my house and driving around in 10+ year old vehicles. It is what it is. Even after I get done paying off my house, it's nice not having large debt. So it's gonna be a couple years before anyone sees me truck shopping...
Yeah, you're right. After much thought and long discussions with my family and friends, I've decided that it's really too expensive. Now I'm thinking about this 2019 FORD F450 XLT. It is much cheaper.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just bought a 2019 Limited and love it! Almost opted for the 350 but the half ton suits me just fine.

Quick Reply: In love with 2019 FORD F450 LIMITED