Trading my F-150 in Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 01:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trading my F-150 in Tomorrow

I've been a member here since 2002; when I bought my first F-150 new, suoercab with 5.4.
Traded it in for a 2012 Screw with Eco boost….2 years later traded it in for a 2014 FX4 screw with 5.0, 6 inch lift from the dealer and its been an amazing truck but I think in my old age, I want a plush and easy to drive SUV.

Tomorrow I'm picking up my brand new 2018 Explorer Sport.
Hopefully I can still post here without a truck :~)

Old 06-27-2018, 11:45 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
My money says you’ll miss driving a truck after being in the SUV for a year or so - hard to go back to sitting low on the road after so many years in a pickup!

Old 06-29-2018, 11:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My F150 went back to the dealership last Saturday. But I left in a F250 instead of something smaller.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:12 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Considering where yer at and the driving conditions you'll be in doing inspections, I doubt an Exploder is going to work. You'll know better than any of us. If you haven't looked at the Platinum series F150 in a 4x4, talk about plush. But then it also carries a hefty price tag but it all but wipes yer nose. I do have a lady friend that has the 2018 Exploder Sport with the 3.5 EB engine. It doesn't get the published gas mileage but then she drives like she stole it. She's managed to wreck it twice now. The all wheel drive is no replacement for 4x4 according to her. She lives on a ranch around the Boerne area if you know anything about the area. It's just Texas Hill Country where most folks don't need 4x4, just a good locking rear axle will take you most anywhere.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/mod...m/?gnav=vhpnav

Now if you just want to stand out.....what am I saying, if you want to be normal, for you anyway, take a look at a FTX. If you watch any of the Duck Commander stuff, this is what Willie drives. It's a full on custom luxury F150. You'll probably be the only one in Alaska with one. Never know, one of those gold miners just might offer you a lot more than what it will cost you. We have oil rich ranchers here that do that. They get money drunk and if they want it, there's no price too high. Sometimes the more ridiculous the price the more they want it.
http://www.drivetuscany.com/ftx/

Old 07-03-2018, 10:32 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie
My F150 went back to the dealership last Saturday. But I left in a F250 instead of something smaller.
Now 'ya talkin!! I did the same thing last year but came out with a 350 DRW to pull our camper. It's my daily driver but fuel mileage is about the same as some 150's I had that were leveled and running larger tires.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
My money says you’ll miss driving a truck after being in the SUV for a year or so - hard to go back to sitting low on the road after so many years in a pickup!
Gotta agree. My wife’s 2013 Explorer is nicely equipped but I feel my butt riding on the ground. She even mentions it after riding in my truck. Truck has better seats and also appears to ride better. Last thing, at least my new 2108 f150 gets better fuel mileage.
If she wanted to get rid of that I’m not sure what we would get to replace it. Love my f150

Old 07-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice trucks guys.
I am missing my truck a little but am enjoying the explorer, goes like stink and nice and smooth.
I likely will get another truck in a couple years, feels weird not having one.

Quick Reply: Trading my F-150 in Tomorrow