Old 07-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
x2 ^

I betcha I would've done the same exact thing. LOL

Kind of glad I got the Escape... haha

Old 07-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i am all for being sensible, but somewhere between now and dead there is nothing wrong with having a car that does it for you. Consider a single cab, short bed f150 with a 5.0. They run good, can sound just like a mustang and are comfortable. Look up the Undertaker f150. The 5.0 in truck can take you as far as you want to go.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
i am all for being sensible, but somewhere between now and dead there is nothing wrong with having a car that does it for you. Consider a single cab, short bed f150 with a 5.0. They run good, can sound just like a mustang and are comfortable. Look up the Undertaker f150. The 5.0 in truck can take you as far as you want to go.
Well my Hemi Magnum sort of does it for me. It's a very comfortable car for 4 adults, carries a lot of cargo, pulls my 3,000 lb boat, and still handles well with lots of power on tap. But, a manual transmission with headers and borla exhaust really gets my heart pounding. A loud exhaust on the Magnum would help as well as maybe a lower rear gear, but it's still missing that manual transmission. One of the greatest thrills of my life was drag racing on a drag strip with open pipes. The excitement of having to make those perfect manual speed shifts was part of it.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE

Originally Posted by Roadie
Well my Hemi Magnum sort of does it for me. It's a very comfortable car for 4 adults, carries a lot of cargo, pulls my 3,000 lb boat, and still handles well with lots of power on tap. But, a manual transmission with headers and borla exhaust really gets my heart pounding. A loud exhaust on the Magnum would help as well as maybe a lower rear gear, but it's still missing that manual transmission. One of the greatest thrills of my life was drag racing on a drag strip with open pipes. The excitement of having to make those perfect manual speed shifts was part of it.
That's why I've kept my Dad's old '00 Dakota. Regular cab, 2wd, v8, 5 speed manual gearbox, 9.25 rear end with 3.92 LS, and a Magnaflow dual exhaust. I love driving it... the sound, the power... it's fun - AND it's practical.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang Forum