2015 Mustang GT Transmission Problems? Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 02:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Sounds like the synchro rings are damaged/worn from high rpm speed shifting. Or someone who doesn't know how to use a clutch. Which is very possible now a days.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
At one point you said dealer and ford agreed to rebuild, what happened?

What is status of paint
Paint is not properly fixed still. I have bare metal showing.

Nothing happened. A Ford mechanic did say he felt a problem/concern. I guess I need it in writing.

Last edited by 15mustang; 03-22-2015 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Sounds like the synchro rings are damaged/worn from high rpm speed shifting. Or someone who doesn't know how to use a clutch. Which is very possible now a days.
Ya, I requested that they change transmission fluid just to check for any extra metal deposits etc. They wouldn't authorize though.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTEHi, thanks Crystal. I've spoken to Ford and I have been offered a rebuild since its brand new, but I am hopeful Ford will do the right thing -> ][/QUOTE]

i am guessing they offered repaired or rebuilt , you rejected holding out for a new one?

Old 03-25-2015, 01:04 AM
i am guessing they offered repaired or rebuilt , you rejected holding out for a new one?
Ford dealerships have not admitted in writing that there is a problem with transmission yet (that I am aware of). I can't even get a fluid change authorized/approved under warranty!

Update 3/20: Seems like more dealership run-around and denials etc...

Update 3/24: Another independent repair shop drives car 3/24 and mechanic said there def. is a problem with transmission. Believed to be bad syncros.

**My terrible experience is now on a lot of websites and forums. I will try to include latest updates on my video appeal to Ford below**

Last edited by 15mustang; 03-25-2015 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:09 AM
[QUOTEHi, thanks Crystal. I've spoken to Ford and I have been offered a rebuild since its brand new, but I am hopeful Ford will do the right thing -> ]
The rebuild of course would be contingent upon the dealerships actually finding a problem with transmission (in writing) that merits a rebuild/new transmission from what I understand.

So far, nothing in writing from dealerships stating problem with transmission (at least that I have seen). I can't even get a transmission fluid change from Ford/dealerships under warranty thus far.

Last edited by 15mustang; 03-25-2015 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:20 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 15mustang
Ford dealerships have not admitted in writing that there is a problem with transmission yet (that I am aware of). I can't even get a fluid change authorized/approved! I did try Friday!

Update 3/20: Seems like more dealership run-around and denials etc...

Update 3/24: Another independent repair shop drives car 3/24 and mechanic said there def. is a problem with transmission. Believed to be bad syncros.

**My terrible experience is now on a lot of websites and forums. I will try to include latest updates on my video appeal to Ford below**
In all honesty, going on a bunch of websites and trashing Ford is probably not the most effective way of dealing with the situation. The old adage "you attract more bees with honey than with vinegar" often applies in our everyday life!

Old 03-25-2015, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
In all honesty, going on a bunch of websites and trashing Ford is probably not the most effective way of dealing with the situation. The old adage "you attract more bees with honey than with vinegar" often applies in our everyday life!
I have done my best to be as nice as possible. But this is past week 6, I just want to get it resolved. I would like Ford to help me, I am a long-time Ford owner.

Last edited by 15mustang; 03-28-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:54 PM
why havent you tried another dealer?

if you do, do not walk in complaining, simply give them your keys, contact info and tell them the trans is not acting right, please have a look. the least you say the better. if they offer a rebuilt trans, take it.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:18 PM

if you do, do not walk in complaining, simply give them your keys, contact info and tell them the trans is not acting right, please have a look. the least you say the better. if they offer a rebuilt trans, take it.
Yes, thanks for advice. There are notes in the system tied to my VIN number (it seems to be difficult to get a fair assessment now IMO).

Right now hoping Ford will assist more. I have been a long-time Ford owner. Someone at Ford mentioned my case is 'closed', which is not helping me.

Anyone have good numbers I should call?

Last edited by 15mustang; 03-28-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:44 AM
ok , plan B

take all the internet stuff down. seriously your got the wrong persons attention. time to make nicey. where are all the guy s that told you fight ford, are they offering to help or make payments to a lawyer....NO.

next find another dealer. take it in for a trans fluid change, start taking it there for your service, start a relationship that you are someone that takes great care of your car. if they ask why you want the change just tell you like to change engine and trans fluid after break in.

i know things have changed but when i had an 86 5.0 everytime i missed a shift the trans acted funny and clunky for a while. i ended up changing the shifter and went ot a redline synthetic. much better. i dont know if it was the fluid change or the better lubricant but it was better.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:32 PM
Some may wonder, why do I post.

Sharing my bad dealership experience on forums is to help other owners avoid the terrible experience I am going through. It is about helping others more than anything. If I can convince at least one other owner to buy a dashcam, take their car to a most trusted dealership, and avoid the same bad experience etc, it was worth it.

Nobody should have to go through what I am going through.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:42 PM
ok , plan B

take all the internet stuff down. seriously your got the wrong persons attention. time to make nicey. where are all the guy s that told you fight ford, are they offering to help or make payments to a lawyer....NO.
True. I am happy enough with Fords in general to buy a brand new 2015 Mustang GT. But why my car isn't fixed at this point is beside me. I've been a lot nicer about the entire thing than most people

Old 04-01-2015, 01:57 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Have you tried seeing if Crystal can help? She has offered......

Old 04-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Update 4/4: 2 months, still working on getting it fixed and resolved. I want to thank everyone who has supported me by responding to my thread and viewing my Youtube videos. The more responses and views I get, the more support I have (please keep supporting). I have received a lot of great advice from all of you, my fellow car enthusiasts. Sharing my experience is about helping others avoid what has happened to me.

It's been a tough couple months for me (dozens of phone calls, hundreds of miles, dozens of hours to try to get it fixed). As I continue to work to get my car’s transmission fixed (and other car problems), please consider taking caution when leaving your car at a dealership or auto repair shop. Please wish me luck, your support is always much appreciated!

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang GT Transmission Problems? Please Help!