New 2015 Chevy Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2015 Chevy Colorado

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ntcmp=features

Los Angeles – Chevrolet has staked its claim to the small pickup truck market at the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show.

The 2015 Colorado is aimed to take on the best-selling Toyota Tacoma in its stronghold of Southern California and beyond.

The midsize truck is an Americanized version of a model that’s been sold globally since 2012, with a bold new face and a redesigned cabin that looks like a scaled down version of the one in the full-size Chevy Silverado.

The Colorado will be available with either an extended cab body style and six-foot bed, or a crew cab with a five or six foot bed. A tiered bed design allows for the use of racks or platforms to create multi-level loading and concealment of cargo.

Two and four-wheel-drive models will be offered across three trim levels, including an off-road style Z71. At launch, 193 hp 2.5-liter four-cylinder and 302 hp 3.6-liter six-cylinder engines will be available, both with six-speed automatic transmissions, but a class-exclusive diesel option will be added in the Colorado’s second model year. Fuel economy has not been announced, but a properly equipped Colorado is expected to have a maximum tow rating of 6,700 pounds.

With the Colorado, GM is entering a segment recently abandoned by both Ford and Chrysler, which are trying to fill it with fuel efficient versions of their full-size pickups and small vans.

The Colorado will be joined next year by the not yet revealed GMC Canyon, which shares its platform, but will have a unique design and features.

I wonder if Ford will ever bring a small truck back to the market. At least we wont see only Tacoma's out there now.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:01 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
I hope they are forced to bring in the T6 Ranger.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the looks of it. I would like to see the V8 option they did on the older Colorado. That would be fun. That 3.6 with 302 hp would be nice too.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks a lot like the Taco.

My dad just bought a 2013 Extended Cab Tacoma with the I4 engine. THAT THING IS HORRIBLE!

I think it has 150hp with a 4 speed. To get on the interstate, it downshifts (when I say downshift, I mean riding a bull) into second all the way to redline to get to 60, then you ride the bull again to get to 80. Oh whats that? A hill? Let me smack your head into the headrest so I can climb it. It only gets about 24mpg, and the towing is **** poor. We put a four wheeler in the bed and doing 60mph it will hunt, usually staying in 3rd (~4000rpm). Not to mention you sit in it like a car. The steering wheel has poor ergonomics (the cruise switch is behind the wheel so you cant stick your finger through the hole and flick it on, you have to reach back behind it and flick it up). Worst part? Toyota claims it has excellent mileage, even with 0W-20 oil, yet they put rear drum brakes AND a clutch fan. Really, Toyota? Really?

My dad thinks I am crazy that I say my truck is better. At 2500rpm I will be doing 80mph. No need to downshift to pass. It has plenty of low end grunt to pull a trailer of toys, and it gets 22mpg. Not to mention the seats are more comfortable and you sit in it like a truck.

Last edited by Raptor05121; 11-21-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford is in business to make money, if a mid , small truck made sense, they would make it.

problem is that for what a ranger cost, how much more is it to buy a single cab short bed v-6 f150? mpg. really not that much better if at all.

consumers set the market and the market has desided that little truck, manual transmissions ands diesel are not the requirement of the masses.

i think the diesel are a combination of the enigneering, warranty issues, flucuating diesel prices and ongoing epa requirements.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Looks a lot like the Taco.

My dad just bought a 2013 Extended Cab Tacoma with the I4 engine. THAT THING IS HORRIBLE!

I think it has 150hp with a 4 speed. To get on the interstate, it downshifts (when I say downshift, I mean riding a bull) into second all the way to redline to get to 60, then you ride the bull again to get to 80. Oh whats that? A hill? Let me smack your head into the headrest so I can climb it. It only gets about 24mpg, and the towing is **** poor. We put a four wheeler in the bed and doing 60mph it will hunt, usually staying in 3rd (~4000rpm). Not to mention you sit in it like a car. The steering wheel has poor ergonomics (the cruise switch is behind the wheel so you cant stick your finger through the hole and flick it on, you have to reach back behind it and flick it up). Worst part? Toyota claims it has excellent mileage, even with 0W-20 oil, yet they put rear drum brakes AND a clutch fan. Really, Toyota? Really?

My dad thinks I am crazy that I say my truck is better. At 2500rpm I will be doing 80mph. No need to downshift to pass. It has plenty of low end grunt to pull a trailer of toys, and it gets 22mpg. Not to mention the seats are more comfortable and you sit in it like a truck.
hahaha love it!

Old 11-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Attractive little truck -- I still think Ford made an error getting rid of the Ranger. Ford abandon's way too many segments of the market, which makes for a fairly boring product offering when viewed as a whole -- hopefully that will change over time.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
That's frekkin' hideous

Taco wannabe, disjointed and jarring styling cues, (and blatant cue ripoffs like the upturning rear side glass) and - WTFF is that gross grey thang wif the tow hooks looky aboot ta fall orf? Seriously?

I dearly hope the underpinnings are new - the current-gen truck is a spectacular POS in that regard. Hope the I5 abortion is gone too.

Lipstick on a pig ... they'll sell a gigazillion of 'em ...

... silly 'Murricans

Old 11-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by harleydude78
At least we wont see only Tacoma's out there now.
Nissan Frontier?
Suzuki Equator?
and I think technically the Honda Ridgeline is even considered midsize class

Old 11-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan
That's frekkin' hideous

Taco wannabe, disjointed and jarring styling cues, (and blatant cue ripoffs like the upturning rear side glass) and - WTFF is that gross grey thang wif the tow hooks looky aboot ta fall orf? Seriously?

I dearly hope the underpinnings are new - the current-gen truck is a spectacular POS in that regard. Hope the I5 abortion is gone too.

... silly 'Murricans
It really needs the fake hood scoop to pull that off.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:03 AM
glc
No more Equator, Suzuki pulled out of the US market. It was just a rebadged Frontier anyway.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm not a fan of GM, but I think the Colorado looks pretty good on the outside. Maybe ditch the trapezoid wheel arches for circular arches and it would be about right. GM would probably have a winner if this was the new Silverado.

I do have gripes about the interior though. You'll be sent back in time once you climb in it. It's like stepping in the 90's if it didn't have the touchscreen, and the shifter looks like it came out of a Cavalier! It's a pretty boring interior if you ask me and could use some chrome or color accents to liven it up a little.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
That's frekkin' hideous

... silly 'Murricans
Hey now... if GM would just put that extra cylinder they cut off that I5 back on... they'd have a winner. Slap twin turbos on the SS model, and America will be great again.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:41 PM
glc
if GM would just put that extra cylinder they cut off that I5 back on
Well, they sorta did in a way - that V-6 it has now is no slouch. I don't think the hood is long enough for the Atlas I6, and it gets bad EPA gas mileage numbers in comparison.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One thing they did not report previously, is that the base model with the 2.5L four cylinder will come with a 6 speed manual.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ntcmp=features

Quick Reply: New 2015 Chevy Colorado