School Shooting - Conneticut

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anybody who could ever do such harm to children of such an innocent age is pure evil! There are no excuses. Hopefully he is rotting in a special place!

Last edited by risupercrewman; 12-14-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Saddened and praying for those affected by the shooting massacre in Connecticut but pissed like it's 9/11.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Sad day, too much of this happening lately. Too easy for these nut cases to get their hand's on weapon's. Heard his mom actually purchased some of them for him. Will say prayer's for the families.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife text me today at work about this. I told the other guys about it and we all had tears in our eyes. I was about to go home and go get my boys out of school. It's sad that someone has a F'ed up life and decides to take it out of poor innocent kids that's just starting their life. My prayers for all the families out there. I don't think I will get any sleep tonight. This crap has to stop. May God look over the families and give them relief of their loses. We all need to say a prayer for them tonight.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
My wife and I talked on the phone for over 20 minutes after hearing the news, can't even imagine the pain of the families that lost a kid. Im sure they already have Christmas gifts purchased and under the tree, only for them never to come home and open them. And this is one of the last days of the semester too

Old 12-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There is really no way to find any sense in something like this. The thought that I kept having all day after hearing about this was "vengence is mine, sayeth the Lord". I pray that this POS is in an extra warm place tonight!

Prayers have been sent every time I think or hear about this shooting. I can not begin to imagine what the parents of both the survivors and victims are going through tonight. May GOD give them peace!

Old 12-15-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm not really religious, and we don't have kids, but I'm not without compassion. This hurts me, and has me confused too. I feel for the families of the victims.

We need to be better people.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:05 PM
I hope the vile coward shooter will burn in hell for all eternity.

God bless the families who have been effected by this dreadful thing.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 AM
As the days go on, I'm reading stories of people who have compassion for the shooter....

Sickening to hear if you ask me.

Of coarse this is typical with any story of a young adult committing heinous crimes.
The question always arises as to where they went wrong in life.. "he was such a caring person..."

For me, at the end of the day... idgas, there are dead innocent children, families with a tragic loss and one less pos on this earth. I forgive nobody who takes the lives of innocent children.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
This link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2311009.html gives a rational viewpoint on this seemingly unfathomable situation.

Until we as a Nation are willing to fund and apply resources to deal appropriately with individuals who are threats to society, the killings will continue. Sadly, I don't think there's any other answer.

- Jack

Old 12-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@JackandJanet That's a really hard read, but you can't help but feel for her. But hopefully this will get people talking about mental illness regardless.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by animated_zombie
@JackandJanet That's a really hard read, but you can't help but feel for her. But hopefully this will get people talking about mental illness regardless.
It's a horrible read, isn't it? Unfortunately, I think that's the state of things for people in her predicament - and she's smart enough to know things are really bad and not going to get better. There's too many in her position who tell themselves nothing's really wrong and that things will get better.

I've had a couple of times in my life where I tried to get people who were having (in my opinion) some fairly serious mental problems the help I thought they needed and was unsuccessful. I think there is simply too much reluctance on the part of the mental health community to "label" someone as seriously ill and needing appropriate treatment (and possibly confinement). It's certainly a difficult call - we put such a high premium on a person's rights that we don't seem to be able to react unless that person commits some atrocity. I don't know if a "free society" such as ours CAN act proactively.

And, I'm not feeling sorry for the shooter - my sorrow is for the victims and their families. I cannot imagine their grief at this time. It was such a senseless act of rage and brutality.

- Jack

Old 12-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't take what you're saying as having sympathy for the shooter. I take it as if we had a more open mental heath care system possibly he could have gotten treatment and this could have been prevented.

I don't think at this point that it's possible to round up every single firearm in this country; I just don't see that happening. But even if it did; I don't see these situations decreasing in rarity. If someone wants to get their hand on a weapon bad enough a legal system isn't going to prevent that (look at gang shootings for example).

What I do think can be changed and should be changed in order to actually make a difference is changing our society so that mental heath isn't a taboo topic.

If we ever are able to talk about issues and treatment in an open public setting, and it wasn't a sociological death sentence to ask for help for help possibly these situations would decrease, possibly there would be a lower suicide rate for our returning vets, possibly better ways of treating depression.

I don't know how to do this, nor am I suggesting that it would fix everything. I'm just saying that maybe it would help.

Once again I'm sending those families my thoughts and prayers; I just wish I could do something more.

Quick Reply: School Shooting - Conneticut