Tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tow mirrors

I currently have my new F-150 Ecoboost Max tow on order and I have no need for the tow mirrors (other than towing my boat but still not really needed) in fact they look out of place on the trucks I have seen plus I do a lot of downtown driving and I can see taking them out on another car or object.

My questions are;

Should it be an easy swap?

Which mirrors do I want as a replacement? Fords site has so many options power, heated, puddle lamp, chrome etc.

Also what do the orange looking lights do on the back of the non tow mirrors? Is it a turn signal, running light or do they do nothing?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

If you are interested in selling your tow mirrors when you buy replacements, please let me know.

I believe they are just reflectors on non-tow mirrors and it should be an easy swap.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:44 PM
It's a plug n play type swap, if you have heat,turn and lamp they will all still work on the replacements.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Wow, first I've heard of someone wanting to ditch tow mirrors. For sure someone here will want them quick, and I could, I'd put the old style superduty mirrors on every other truck I have.

Adrianspeeder

Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Wow, first I've heard of someone wanting to ditch tow mirrors. For sure someone here will want them quick, and I could, I'd put the old style superduty mirrors on every other truck I have.

Adrianspeeder
Yeah I may be odd wanting to ditch the mirror but it is my work truck and I do alot of city driving and I get nervous with the non tow mirrors on my current truck. I do tow my boat to and from the lake in the spring to put on the boat lift and pull it in the fall but that won't justify the need for the tow mirrors.

I may change my mind once the truck arrives but I still think they look oddly oversized for the truck.

Quick Reply: Tow mirrors