Disgusted

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EcoBoosted
I am also curious as to why the windshield was a point of access for breaking in. Maybe it sounds stupid, but why not knock one of the four side windows out? I could even see smashing the rear glass if you had to. The front windshield seems like an odd place of entry to me. Having to jump in on the hood doesn't seem easy to me. Did you have a GPS or mount on your windshield?

Chris
I looked out the window and saw a man hitting the front window of my brand new truck with a hammer.

I think he probably meant front DRIVERS or PASSENGERS window but I could be wrong. Crime is coming your way folks, compliments of the liberal court system. When I was growing up I lived in the same house from 6 mo. of age til I was 21. I know of 1 time in all those years that the doors were EVER locked, home or away. There simply wasn't crime because there was some fear of consequences, but no more. Sad but true, and with this mess of an economy, it's gonna get worse, a lot worse.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Window

Originally Posted by EcoBoosted
I am also curious as to why the windshield was a point of access for breaking in. Maybe it sounds stupid, but why not knock one of the four side windows out? I could even see smashing the rear glass if you had to. The front windshield seems like an odd place of entry to me. Having to jump in on the hood doesn't seem easy to me. Did you have a GPS or mount on your windshield?

Chris
LOL sorry guys, he was hammering on the drivers side window. He literally worked his way from the left pane over the bed to the driver side passenger window and then finally the drivers side window. I am at the body shop now waiting on her. They replaced all 3 pieces of glass. The Passenger and Bed windows were gouged and could not be buffed out per the shop. Either way I am out the deductible. As far as the interior goes, its all stock and I have NOTHING in my truck. I do like that the center console has a lock on it but even so I do not keep anything of value. I have stopped keeping my garage door in the truck so that pretty much leaves the guy with some old spice, loose change and chap stick. Not worth extra lead in your diet if you ask me. I have been setting my alarm to get up at 12:00 and go downstairs. I check periodically every hour from 12-5am. Nothing last night either, my wife and I are still on edge. Like I said, if it was just the vehicle then I would prolly be over it. Because the SOB tried to break in on the family on Sunday......he is a dead mother.

Last edited by Bluejay; 10-12-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: language
Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What part of spring are you in?

Last edited by 06yz250f; 02-18-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
He said 45/Hardy.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you just south on hardy from 45? If so, i definitely understand your want to move.

If you have a nice house, selling it come next year shouldn't be bad since Exxon HQ is set to be finished by end of 2013 IIRC a few miles from you. That's my parents exit strategy at least

Last edited by 06yz250f; 02-18-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Same for us

Originally Posted by 06yz250f
are you just south on hardy from 45? If so, i definitely understand your want to move.

If you have a nice house, selling it come next year shouldn't be bad since Exxon HQ is set to be finished by end of 2013 IIRC a few miles from you. That's my parents exit strategy at least
As a matter of fact we are really hoping the Exxon completion date will help us move the house. Harris County Prcnt 4 has been a great service to our community. I am not sure if the completion of Exxon Mobil will better or worsen the current situation. Houses have sold fairley quickly as HCAD has every house undervalued by 10 to 15% of the original purchase prices in 2005. The houses aren't anything special, but they are a lot of bang for the buck. Structurally speaking I give them an 8 on a scale of 1-10. THe subfloors are not glued down and the shingles could be of better quality. The houses are tight and our electric bills are always lower than the national average even with an outdated AC unit. We need to replace the carpet and paint the house. Other than that the Mrs. and I have really spruced the little place up. It is going to make a wonderful home for the new owner and it will be sold for a very reasonable price. I am really just looking to make my money back at this point.
Thanks everyone for your support, concern and recommendations.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:15 PM
I feel your pain. I hold a special place in my heart for thieves. I would like to see them put to death. You work like a dog and try to have some nice things and these losers come along and take it. I have had a vehicle of mine broken into 3 times so far and it makes me furious. Seeing your ride damaged and violated. Having your time and money wasted for repairs. The police won't even show up for vehicle break ins here. You have to go down and fill out a police report, which I am sure, are never read by anyone. These lowlifes are rarely caught and when they are they get a slap on the wrist and put right back on the street to do it again because our justice system is all but useless.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Robocop

Anyone remember this one?

Quick Reply: Disgusted