Info on my 99 truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Info on my 99 truck

Does anyone know where i can find information about my 1999 Ford F150? What i'm interested in is the options for the truck. I'm interested in finding out specific information on my new truck. Things like rear axle ratio, transmission, suspension package, etc. Is there a way I can basically get the window sticker from the VIN #? Would a dealership be able to help me? Thanks

Old 08-01-2001, 08:48 AM
Welcome, I have the Kelly Blue Book available options listing for my truck, also a 99. I could fax it to you if you have a fax #. Also, I have the 99 product literature in case you have specific questions. The codes in the driver side door frame plackard gives you axle code. Not sure how to determine suspension except visually. Ford is good about packaging options. If you have tow package then you know you are supposed to have oversized radiator, alternator, tranny cooler and HD suspension. To check if you have this package. look for a tranny cooler infront of AC condenser on passenger side. It's black. You would also have a round electrical connector under back bumper for towing. If you have both then you also have Tow pkg and HD springs/shocks.

Old 08-01-2001, 10:26 AM
Old 08-01-2001, 08:48 PM
Thanks Tiger. I should do more searching and looking at the underside of the truck before i ask questions. There is two things that i can't figure out though. What size size is the front/rear axles on my F150; and what is the automatic transmission model? I can't read the two tags on the bolts for the rear differential which i would assume tell me gear ratio, whether it's limited slip. I'm assuming I have the Ford 8.8 rear end, but don't know on the front end. And did they still put the 40 series transmission in the 99's? Or are their others possibilities. I did check, and i don't have any of the towing package- no tranny cooler or trailerhitch although I purchased both today and will be installed by the weekend.

Old 08-01-2001, 10:22 PM
If you have a 4.6L engine and automatic tranny then the tranny is 4R70W. Two tags on the differential means you have 3.55 Limited slip. One tag would be open rear either 3.08 or 3.55 ratio. If you have a 5.4, I believe there may be a package where you could have a 4R100 tranny and 3.73 LS axel. Tranny code U on driver's door plackard is for 4R70W. Axle code on plackard of H9 is 3.55 LS.

Old 08-02-2001, 12:05 AM
Thanks again tiger. I'll check it out when i get home. If i have any more questions about the truck. I'll definately contact you. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Info on my 99 truck