Thinking of the 'New' iPad? Not so fast ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The new ipad's function flawlessly and are a definite improvement over the 2nd gen.

What's funny (or not so funny) is that a comparable non-Apple tablet is not much cheaper than the iPad and the quality isn't there.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
4 people in our house.

4 laptops, 1 tablet (1 Dell, 1 HP, 1 macbook pro, 1 Lenova, 1 iPad2)

2 desktops (Mac and generic PC)

The macs and the iPad are the hardest to pry out of someone's hands.

The Dell is the newest of the bunch but only third or fourth on the frequency of use list.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have awakened the "Haters". Here they come now.... may look a lot like the Hulk, but it's the haters, they're mad and they're not gonna take this laying down, why the may even get Obama to rebuke you!

Old 04-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Huh, - not sure what all those fancy LITTLE things do..(?) Of course, my comp says it's a IBM, -gen 1 ? Yea, time to update...

Old 04-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Tssk, tssk.... some of the children should be seen and not heard.

Last edited by serotta; 04-09-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was shopping a tablet last year, I look for one with Mobile Internet and by that dates, I read a Consumer Reports comparative of tablets, at that time there are only 2 tablets in the comparative with 3G, an iPad and another one ( I can't remember the brand/model) and the price of both are abouth US$800. Then I remeber all of the anti apple guys verborea about apple more expensive than the others and sincerly both tablets cost the same. I ending buying an used iPad first gen wit 3G in $400 and I love it since day one. I use on a daily basis it's supper convenient, transportable and easy to use. My now 6 yo daugther love it as well.

Another Plus is for me the data plan with no contract with ATT it's very affordable because as i reside in Mexico and travel 3-4 times a month to USA the 250Mb for $15 monthly is Ok. Only during my 3 weeks vacation i have to upgrade to 2Gb plan. If I want to use my Mxxian Mobile phone with Telcel to have internet in US is going to cost me al least $100 monthly. Right now the ipad is already payed itself.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:01 PM
I broke down and bought several for Christmas presents this year. 32g, wifi/4g, retina display for me and just 16G, wifi iPad 2's for my young-uns.
They gonna be pissed off when they realize Santa left the best for the computer illiterate old man.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm getting the iPad 4 for Christmas. I haven't owned a tablet until this point and was stuck between the Surface and the iPad. The deciding factor ended up being the fact that I didn't have to pay for it and my mom has the iPad 2 and never had a complaint so I can't imagine this one will be any different. I've always been a big Android fan but bought a 4s 2 months ago and bought my girlfriend the iPhone 5 for Christmas. I won't say I'm blown away by the phones but they are much easier to use than the Droid operated phones I've had. I don't favor Apple over any of it's competitors but my Droid's always had an issue of downloading random apps without any warning. I have never had an issue with my iPhone. At the same time though I must say that even with the stated issues experienced, I WOULD own another Droid product any day of the week.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm giving one to my 84 year old mom.

I bought her HP laptop a couple of years ago and she has had nothing but frustration trying to use it.
Almost disconnected her wifi cuz the HP has gathered dust until I visit.

She got to FACETIME with my daughters and thunk It was amazing.

All she wants to do is read the news daily without error pop ups, windows popping up telling u your computer is infected with 1000 viruses and click here for the best sex site ever!

iPads don't have those problems and most typing is done with two fingers which my mom will LOVE!

Best part for her will be being able to see and talk with her grand kids.

Those Microsoft Surface seem to be lacking in function ability . $470 will buy u a 32g device but over half of those g's get et up by the OS. A cover is like $129 and the models available now WILL NOT RUN 3rd PARTY apps.

But that being said, the Surface has a usb2 port (iPads don't) and most importantly a HDMI port which iPads lack,too.

Last edited by High-ster; 12-24-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Thinking of the 'New' iPad? Not so fast ...