The ALL NEW Ford Ranger diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:05 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Since they're killing the Ranger, I'd love to see Ford offer a "Ranchero-type" vehicle based off the Fusion, or even the Taurus. It would fill the gap for the folks who need some light weight hauling capacity (but not a full-blown F-150) and they could do all kinds of cool "retro things" with various versions of the vehicle that would appeal to enthusiasts. I'd buy one in a heart beat if it were offered.....
They've had one for quite some time now.... A lot of the manufacturers have them and I read a pickuptrucks.com article a few years back on them. They are very fast as well and quite good looking imo. I'd buy one and keep my truck

Ford site Australia

Old 08-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ford australia has always done some innovative things. In 73 ford shipped the castings for the 351c down there and they produced some really cool Cleveland equipped cars up into the mid 80's The Mad Max car was a Cleveland powered car based on the mustang/torino. Most of them were 4doors though.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
They've had one for quite some time now. They are very fast as well and quite good looking imo. Ford site Australia
Exactly -- tell me you couldn't do some awesome things with a rig like that to make it just a fun little vehicle to tool around in on the weekend! Creating a body to fit on the current U.S. version of the Fusion chassis would take very little engineering and would greatly expand Ford's market footprint for that vehicle while eating up minimal development costs!

Old 08-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That little Falcon is pretty cool. Would love to have a diesel ranger

Old 08-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see so many dang Tacomas on the road now, its a shame that Ford has pretty much given them that part of the truck segment.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:33 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Exactly -- tell me you couldn't do some awesome things with a rig like that to make it just a fun little vehicle to tool around in on the weekend! Creating a body to fit on the current U.S. version of the Fusion chassis would take very little engineering and would greatly expand Ford's market footprint for that vehicle while eating up minimal development costs!
Bingo! And it's functional... good size bed on there for shopping, house work etc. I would seriously buy one if I was in the position

Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Fun little trucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlK-gjaLmKc

Adrianspeeder

Quick Reply: The ALL NEW Ford Ranger diesel