Those who play I-Racing / pc racing games.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those who play I-Racing / pc racing games.

I know some of you here do (or at least one) play I-Racing.

I just paid some bills off and as I have been wanting a wheel really, really bad and my second job is coming along well (extra $400 a month) I thought I might be able to find a good wheel and get I-Racing.

I been watching a lot of videos, and really like what I have seen so far.
I love to race but I don't have much time to get my toy out if the trailer any more and may consider selling it to pay some other things off.

Anyway I really want a G-27. I love the way they look and eventually I would like to build a ****pit for it but for now I want something easy to deal with.

I am using a pyramat gaming chair at this time (image at end of post.)

I had a fanatec wheel but it was very badly built and I had to return to for a refund. I would consider buying a new one as they are now about $160 as opposed to the $700 I paid when it came out.

The fanatec wheel is $159.95 and has the H-gate as well as sequential shifter and pedals.
But the pedals it comes with are not so great. I could always get the CSP later (club sport pedals) but they are $200.

I plan on inverting the pedals at some point and I think the G-27 would be easier to deal with but the CSP are load cell VS pot's.

What I want to do is pick up a nice seat out of a sporty car at a local junk yard and build the ****pit from there. I have most of the designs finished already.

Even if I don't find a car seat I like I have plans for the chair I have now anyway.

The G-27 seems to be always out of stock VS less than a week to get the fanatec wheel.

So if you play I-Racing or any racing game on the PC with a wheel,

1) What wheel do you use?
1.A) what do you like about it?
1.B) what don;t you like about it?

2) How much was it?

3)What wheel would buy if you bought one today?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Those who play I-Racing / pc racing games.