Thanks to all the members

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all the members

I thought I needed to express some gratitude to all the members that take the time to provide help to other members. This website and the members of this website have helped me many times and most important, saved me over a couple of thousand dollars over the years. I'm not a mechanic, but I will work on my truck if I think it's something I can handle and I have the tools. Today, I just finished changing the rotors and brakes on my 99 F150. I had never changed rotors before and ran into a problem trying to pop the backside bearings off. I logged onto this website like I have done several times before and found a thread that showed me the way. I read where one guy suggested popping the bearings off with a screwdriver and hammer, thought that might not be the best way so I read some more threads. I found another thread that suggested threading the axle nut back on and gently pulling on the rotor. I liked that idea and gave it a try. It was easy. If I hadn't went to this forum, I would have had three other choices. One, I could have went to the parts store and bought a new set of bearings, two, call a few friends that might have an idea or three, put the truck back together and send it to the shop. Either way, I would have spent too much time and possibly doubled my expenses, got aggravated along the way and possibly broke or hurt something as my frustration would have triggered my insane temper that only seems to pop up when I am working on a car or truck and things aren't working out well. After I changed the rotors and pads, I took the truck for a ride. I could not believe the difference that made. No more vibration, my drink doesn't vibrate and bounce around in the cup holder anymore and the steering wheel is smooth when I brake, i don't feel any pulling in the steering either. The truck rides like it was new! So again, I really appreciate the pros and experts and all the other weekend mechanics that take the time to share their knowledge on this site! By the way, I just crossed 330,000 miles on my truck and still no engine or tranny overhaul. GO FORD!
Thanks,
clintc