blown transmission

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep in mind if it blew metal it could lodge metal in the intercooler and auxiliary tranny cooler (if it has one) and those metallic pieces can turn lose later on and take out your new tranny at any moment in time afterwards. Put an inline filter in the return line just in case.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:15 AM
Originally Posted by not you
Im running 35s pro comp all terrians .the gears are 373 and no I do not tow anything .My wife likes to drive it alot .I guess when shes pulling in the parking lot all the my s***t dont stink brokers and bankers move there bmers out of way it makes her smile .I think the guy that rebuilt it just didnt do it right so we will try it again. It will be done on wednesday and cost about 2 grand out the door So we will see

I would up the gears on the truck as the 3.73 are pushing it especially with that tranny. Running the heavier 35's could be stressing the trans a quite a bit especially if it gets driven hard. It is the same tranny that shows up in a lot of the cars. I know my supercharged Lincoln Mark VIII has one that I had built by Art Carr because I am a bit lead footed on the ride!!

Old 01-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by K-Mac Attack
I would up the gears on the truck as the 3.73 are pushing it especially with that tranny. Running the heavier 35's could be stressing the trans a quite a bit especially if it gets driven hard. It is the same tranny that shows up in a lot of the cars. I know my supercharged Lincoln Mark VIII has one that I had built by Art Carr because I am a bit lead footed on the ride!!
I have been considering going with 410s even 456s just got lazy with it.With a 7 years old that has basket ball ,football, soccer, baseball, birthday parties it seems every weekend and boyscouts its hard to find the time .But after this 2nd rebuild its gotta get done .I will just have to pry it from the wifes for a week What would you guys recommend I think 456 may be a bit much 410s would be good .I did consider a 2inch body lift then running a true 35 or 36 if i could squeeze them . Thanks for the info and letting me vent

Old 01-25-2011, 04:19 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Theres no more to the story........I guess you are that guy

you claim that and then post you are runinng 35's, oh yeah appearantly I'm that guy...

Im running 35s pro comp all terrians .the gears are 373 and no I do not tow anything .My wife likes to drive it alot .I guess when shes pulling in the parking lot all the my s***t dont stink brokers and bankers move there bmers out of way it makes her smile .I think the guy that rebuilt it just didnt do it right so we will try it again. It will be done on wednesday and cost about 2 grand out the door So we will see

yet another genius moved to the ignore list

Old 01-25-2011, 05:23 PM
I would run the 4.56s as you aren't going to see much difference over the 3.73s. Your trans will thank you and you'll have the ability to upgrade a bit.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
you claim that and then post you are runinng 35's, oh yeah appearantly I'm that guy...

yet another genius moved to the ignore list
Oh I guess I have to give every little detail .I was just venting and you come with this stupid tough guy statement maybe i should give my social and shoe size next . So thanks to all the non ignorant tough guys that posted the info Im done with post and that guy .....you winner

Old 01-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by K-Mac Attack
I would run the 4.56s as you aren't going to see much difference over the 3.73s. Your trans will thank you and you'll have the ability to upgrade a bit.
Thanks K-mac I will keep that in mind

Quick Reply: blown transmission