7 days and counting..bye bye California

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
I've never been to Cali but I've been to TX for a week. Nice place. I still prefer Florida. Less taxes and NO FRONT PLATE
i love Arizona.. would deff move.. there.. not a fan of kali at all..

Old 01-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by 1fast4.6
When you leave the state I've heard that your common sense is magicly doubbled!
But your ability to spell drops dramatically...

Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by birddog_61
Texas is awful, im just putting that out there for everyone thinking of moving here. If you are really considering Texas as a place to move you won't like it and I would suggest just staying where you are because its probably better.
Yup, right you are. We've lived here since April, and I've got to say that all this perfect weather sucks. I'm getting pretty sick of long walks on the beach, taking my 4x4 down 74 miles of unspoiled sand, riding my motorcycle year round, and always having perfect VFR flying conditions.

That no income tax thing is wearing thin, too...

Old 01-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by 2low2slow
But your ability to spell drops dramatically...

Or the ability to formulate a proper sentence drops dramatically. But once you have left Cali you would've learnt your lesson and not be fooled again.

As someone said once "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBm5ZSWbD14

Last edited by OGTerror; 01-08-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:11 AM
The thing is, is that you should be content with where you live. You guys that are saying I've been to California and couldn't get out fast enough, I don't get it. California is one of the most beautiful states that there is. Sure there are a lot of people, but if your just visiting you don't see most of the bad stuff. For the most part its a great place to live, but if you don't make a lot of money its very hard to live like you can in most other places. I did just fine here its just for me I'm used to a certian standard of living and its a lot hard to achieve here.
We moved here for a change of pace and I'm sure glad I did. Colorado isn't the best place, but it works for us and really thats all that counts. Plus when we lived there before it seemed like most of the people moving there were from California. Let just hope they don't ruin it like they did with California.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:30 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
There's been a bumper sticker around for a LONG time that says - "Don't Californicate Colorado".

I love visiting California - to a point. The environazis do get on my nerves. My sister lives in a San Diego suburb and I go out there to visit frequently. I could never live there, the cost of living is just obscene, the rules and regulations can get ridiculous, and I have problems with ESL (or complete lack of English). I also don't care much for fires and earthquakes.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
California is the biggest fuster-cluck I've ever seen in my life!

10,000,000 bureaucrats running around trying to tell everyone how to live their life while the state itself is going absolutely bankrupt trying to pay them all! And the really funny thing is that the idiots who live there think everything is fine and dandy and everything will work out just fine in the end -- I guess that's what medical marijuana will do for you.....

Old 01-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
California is the biggest fuster-cluck I've ever seen in my life!

10,000,000 bureaucrats running around trying to tell everyone how to live their life while the state itself is going absolutely bankrupt trying to pay them all! And the really funny thing is that the idiots who live there think everything is fine and dandy and everything will work out just fine in the end -- I guess that's what medical marijuana will do for you.....

Deference is, we Californians would never call you an idiot, that would be a terrible insult to us idiots.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by glc
There's been a bumper sticker around for a LONG time that says - "Don't Californicate Colorado".

I love visiting California - to a point. The environazis do get on my nerves. My sister lives in a San Diego suburb and I go out there to visit frequently. I could never live there, the cost of living is just obscene, the rules and regulations can get ridiculous, and I have problems with ESL (or complete lack of English). I also don't care much for fires and earthquakes.
English? Who says the US speaks English? Americans speak American same as the Mexicans speak Mexican.

Britain speak English.

Spaniards speak Spanish.

Quick Reply: 7 days and counting..bye bye California