Lasek Eye Surgery

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 06:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lasek Eye Surgery

Just wanted to share with everyone how quick and painless this procedure is. I had it done two days ago and wow what a difference already and I'm still healing up from it. The Lasek, not to be confused with Lasik, procedure takes less than 10 minutes for both eyes and is virtually pain free. After one day of healing I had 20-25 vision and it'll get even better as I heal up. So if you've been on the fence about getting your vision corrected I say go for it. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Technical Article Contributor

How much did you pay for each eye if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious as I have thought about doing this now that the technology is way better than it used to be.

How painful was it during recovery after drugs wear off

Old 12-18-2010, 09:25 AM
I had it done 10 yrs ago. It was fast and painless but also the most intense 20 minutes of my life.

It was great while it lasted but my 20/20 vision slowly went away over the last couple years and I had to start wearing glasses for driving again. I might consider getting it done again if they're able to.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:57 AM
i cant wait to get it. Unfortunatly i have to be 21 to qualify to get it free so i still have 7 months I too am curious about the recovery. A buddy of mine had it done and the most i got out of him was there being a little discomfort.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by 05BlackFX4
How much did you pay for each eye if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious as I have thought about doing this now that the technology is way better than it used to be.

How painful was it during recovery after drugs wear off
The Army has been offering it for Soldiers as long as you have at least 18 months TIS left. Of the three people in my section that have had it done, each with a different procedure one with PRK, one with ICL and one with Lasek, none of them reported many issues with pain. Hell, the guy that had ICL done drove home afterwards. They did one eye at a time with the ICL. And all of them were back at work with in a week tops. I should have done it but waited to long on my extension paperwork and missed out.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Well as far as the cost is concerned I didn't pay. It was free for me because I'm in the Army. The procedure was really quick less than 10 minutes to do both eyes and absolutly no pain at all. Just a little pressure which I really didn't notice at all. They prescribed me a pharamacy worth of pain medications but I haven't used any since I haven't experienced any pain. Only thing is all of the damn drops you have to put in your eyes gets a little annoying but it's well worth the reward.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:40 AM
you still have to put in drops? or is that just for a little while after the procedure?

Trending Topics

Old 12-19-2010, 04:09 AM
looking up the difference between lasek and lasik it appears the main difference is the thickness of the flap being cut and the healing times.

http://www.the-lasik-directory.com/l...sek_chart.html

I got lasik about 6 years ago and i never regretted it. the only side effect for me was dry eyes for about a year. i had to use a thick gel to sleep at night or in the morning my eyes would be burning.

vision is still good and getting it free is definitely a nice thing.

Quick Reply: Lasek Eye Surgery