Newton's Heisman...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newton's Heisman...

Can't believe there's not a thread on this. What are y'alls thoughts? Is he just borrowing the Heisman before the NCAA makes him return it if more damning evidence shows up? Anyone else outraged by the NCAA's lack of consistency?

And no one better say "War Eagle." I swear to God, I will reach through this screen and smack you.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Give him two years to look at it, then he's gunna have to hand it right back.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
"follow the money"

I can hear the NCAA committee now, "Yeah, that's the ticket... he knew nothing about it, his Father did all the negotiating. He was oblivious to any discussions about his future earnings, etc."
What a bunch of idiots, and I'm not talking about the NCAA, I'm talking about all the people that swallow the line of thought being sent out by the NCAA. PT Barnum-esque at the very least.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Suspended
It's all about the money and Nationship Championship Game. NCAA does not want a Boise State or TCU team in the championship game. For that to happen, theNCAA had to find Cam clear of any violations.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:20 AM
roommate is gonna rant lots now

/she went to Florida-is a hgue UF fan-really hates cam

Old 12-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Haven't really followed it closely but whats the controversy surrounding the guy? From what I gather its a money issue?

I know he was the year's rushing and passing leader for QB.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:57 AM
On the field, yeah. He looks like a good quarterback.

Basically, his father shopped his son around to different colleges, offering a play for pay scheme. The NCAA found evidence of this, but they did not find evidence that Cam or Auburn knew about it. Kind of shocking when this is a very similar set of allegations to the Bush thing (Bush and USC punished for Bush's stepfather's actions). The fact that the NCAA found Cam eligible to play and in such a short amount of time (with the SEC title game looming) along with the Bush precedent, something doesn't seem right.

Anyone else have something to add

Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!

The ONLY thing that's come out is his father shopped him to Mississippi State. Everything else is pure "he said/she said" and noone other than the few at Miss. State know the truth.

As far as the ruling ineligble then making him eligible the next day. That's how it typically done. I think the NCAA guidlines say somethign to the effect of once declared ineligible he can't travel with the team, practice with the team, so forth. He was declared ineligible on Sunday, and that's their day of rest. He was reistated on Monday having not violated terms of his ineligibility and that made the NCAA happy.

Originally Posted by serotta
"follow the money"

I can hear the NCAA committee now, "Yeah, that's the ticket... he knew nothing about it, his Father did all the negotiating. He was oblivious to any discussions about his future earnings, etc."
What a bunch of idiots, and I'm not talking about the NCAA, I'm talking about all the people that swallow the line of thought being sent out by the NCAA. PT Barnum-esque at the very least.
Well, since you apparently know it all please set us straight.

Originally Posted by Shosty
roommate is gonna rant lots now

/she went to Florida-is a hgue UF fan-really hates cam
She's just jealous a great player got away from FL. At leat FL has a good HC now.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:39 AM
I love College Football, but hate the hypocrisy of the NCAA, they want to make tens of millions of this guy and every other athlete out there but god forbid the athletes get a piece of the pie.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by ian51279

Well, since you apparently know it all please set us straight.
Thought I did! Apparently certain War Eagle fans should have spent more time in the remedial reading center at school.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by ian51279
WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!
What did I say?

Originally Posted by harleydude78
I love College Football, but hate the hypocrisy of the NCAA, they want to make tens of millions of this guy and every other athlete out there but god forbid the athletes get a piece of the pie.
I agree except for one thing. College athletes can start earning their money when they get to the pros. Otherwise, shouldn't the money just go to the schools to pay for facilities and scholarships? I can't understand why athletes can't just wait till they get to the pros to start earning $, I mean $100k will be a drop in the bucket for them by then.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by serotta
Thought I did! Apparently certain War Eagle fans should have spent more time in the remedial reading center at school.
I don't want to make fun of a "special" kid if there is really something wrong with him, but the guy sounds like an idiot

Old 12-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by 2low2slow
What did I say?

I agree except for one thing. College athletes can start earning their money when they get to the pros. Otherwise, shouldn't the money just go to the schools to pay for facilities and scholarships? I can't understand why athletes can't just wait till they get to the pros to start earning $, I mean $100k will be a drop in the bucket for them by then.
The majority of guys who play college ball don't end up in the pros. What about them?

Old 12-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by 2low2slow
I don't want to make fun of a "special" kid if there is really something wrong with him, but the guy sounds like an idiot
You know, of course, us bakwoods hicks from noth carolin suldn't be tawkin 'bout udders.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by harleydude78
The majority of guys who play college ball don't end up in the pros. What about them?
Boy, there's a whole spin off debate for sure. Universities taking advantage of youthful athleticism while they pack money away in endowment funds, etc. Amazing what you can get away with in the name of higher education.

Quick Reply: Newton's Heisman...