Obama Scores Ten Billion Dollar Indian Export Deal

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Obama Scores Ten Billion Dollar Indian Export Deal

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapc...ntent=My+Yahoo

...and that's only on his first day.

Here comes the right-wing whining. Brace for impact!

Old 11-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well he better have gotten something. I heard the new estimate for his trip was 83 gazillion dollars!!! He took 7.4 billion people with him to India as well. They had booked every known airplane and boat in the world to get there!!!!!

Hopefully Rush and the few Republican members of Congress use my numbers for their resource. I could use some fame!!!!

Old 11-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Hate to bust yer bubble Habs but I happen to know somebody that sits on the Board at Boeing and this deal was signed sealed and delivered early this summer. If you'll read the article real well you'll see that the Chairman is one of Yommas buds and they waited for this trip to make the announcement to make His Majesty look good. And yeah, I'm sure the republicans have played the same game, after all, the definition of a politician is a sleazeball in a suit.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by K-Mac Attack
Well he better have gotten something. I heard the new estimate for his trip was 83 gazillion dollars!!! He took 7.4 billion people with him to India as well. They had booked every known airplane and boat in the world to get there!!!!!

Hopefully Rush and the few Republican members of Congress use my numbers for their resource. I could use some fame!!!!
Actually the numbers have officially grown to 1 trillion dollars per day because his entourage of 30,000 people will be going for the trip, and they will be dining on Lobster and shrimps. (Obama will be dining on chease steak hoagies)
Also, every Nimitz-class aircraft carrier will be called into the region to defend his sorry *** in case things go wrong.

On a serious note, something good happens and it takes over 50 views before a single person replies. (and then it's a stinkin lefty who replies)

The silence is deafening, and you just know there are certain people on the far right that would love to derail his trip even if it means hurting their own people, that's how deep the hatred runs.

That's a crying shame.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
after all, the definition of a politician is a sleazeball in a suit.
Well it took some time but you & I finally agree on something.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:40 AM
I had no idea that Obama was the CEO of Boeing?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:01 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
If the Dems get their way, Obama will be the CEO of every American corporation........

Trending Topics

Old 11-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Hey, let me send my heart felt congratulations to our dear president Obama. Should I kneel at his feet and kiss his shoes? Nah, I'll leave that to our resident progressives.

This is fabulous news.

It'll be nice to have the "about" 54,000 jobs here in the US. That'll bring that 14.8 million unemployed considerably lower.

That 10 billion will go a long way to reduce the 13.6 trillion dollars in debt that the US holds.

It'll go a long way to fill in the gap that we have with 111.1 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities.

It'll really offset the $2.5260 trillion that the Obama administration added to the national debt in it's first 19 months. That's more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.

So, yes American public, you should be required to stand up and give this president applause. Then bow. He is after all our savior. He's the ONE we've been waiting for. Praise Obama!

Is that enough admiration from "the far right"?

Originally Posted by CNN World-In India, Obama pushes U.S. jobs
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, and other Republicans back in Washington, however, immediately expressed skepticism about Obama's renewed interest in the issue after failing to move forward on pending trade deals with South Korea, Colombia and Panama.

Last edited by wittom; 11-07-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:56 AM
The new contract is quite the personal achievement for Mr. Obama.

Maybe we should nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize?

Oh wait...that's already been done.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Congrats. Now if we can just reverse everything else he has done...

Old 11-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Explain to me how selling C-17s and 737s created 54,000 jobs. Both of these aircraft are already in full production, the people who are making them already have jobs. Selling these aircraft is a good thing but it is not creating more jobs. Creating jobs would mean building new factories to make a new product hiring people without jobs.

Sounds like a lot of political spin and not much truth to me. The other thing to watch for is India (and China too) want to get into the aircraft manufacturing business. I would not be surprised if there was some part of this allowing them to make parts in the future.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
On a serious note, something good happens and it takes over 50 views before a single person replies. (and then it's a stinkin lefty who replies)

The silence is deafening, and you just know there are certain people on the far right that would love to derail his trip even if it means hurting their own people, that's how deep the hatred runs.

That's a crying shame.
I think Habbs is right on this one guys. You guys are often way too hard on Habbs, K-Mac, and our most deserving President Obama. After all the president is doing the best he can with the cards he was dealt. None of the bad stuff is really his fault, only the good stuff counts. I think just the fact that Obama has managed to put his shoes on the right feet and not wet the bed for his entire Presidency should qualify him for his face on Mt.Rushmore! BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Habbi, I'm not Canadian so I don't know how it works up there, but in the U.S. the president doesn't sign contracts for other companies (well except maybe for Chebby). It is good news that India wants to buy some airplanes, but come on it's a small start and not time for the parade or hall of fame or what ever. You also have to wonder if he had the power to do all this wonderful stuff (one contract) then what is he giving away with the other hand.

Political posturing is the only thing this President does well so you will have to excuse the skepticism of the "un-washed"!

Old 11-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Wookie
Explain to me how selling C-17s and 737s created 54,000 jobs. Both of these aircraft are already in full production, the people who are making them already have jobs. Selling these aircraft is a good thing but it is not creating more jobs. Creating jobs would mean building new factories to make a new product hiring people without jobs.

Sounds like a lot of political spin and not much truth to me. The other thing to watch for is India (and China too) want to get into the aircraft manufacturing business. I would not be surprised if there was some part of this allowing them to make parts in the future.
I was thinking the same things, none of which were mentioned in the article.

On the jobs created front, it appears the recently invented 'jobs saved' term may have morphed into the same thing as 'jobs created'.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by wittom
Hey, let me send my heart felt congratulations to our dear president Obama. Should I kneel at his feet and kiss his shoes? Nah, I'll leave that to our resident progressives.

This is fabulous news.

It'll be nice to have the "about" 54,000 jobs here in the US. That'll bring that 14.8 million unemployed considerably lower.

That 10 billion will go a long way to reduce the 13.6 trillion dollars in debt that the US holds.

It'll go a long way to fill in the gap that we have with 111.1 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities.

It'll really offset the $2.5260 trillion that the Obama administration added to the national debt in it's first 19 months. That's more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.

So, yes American public, you should be required to stand up and give this president applause. Then bow. He is after all our savior. He's the ONE we've been waiting for. Praise Obama!

Is that enough admiration from "the far right"?

Old 11-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
Hate to bust yer bubble Habs but I happen to know somebody that sits on the Board at Boeing and this deal was signed sealed and delivered early this summer. If you'll read the article real well you'll see that the Chairman is one of Yommas buds and they waited for this trip to make the announcement to make His Majesty look good. And yeah, I'm sure the republicans have played the same game, after all, the definition of a politician is a sleazeball in a suit.
Funny how the MSM fails to report these details.

Bad news for Hussein is that we need 120,000 jobs/month just to keep up with workforce/population growth in America. Added jobs are always good news, but these jobs are a drop in the bucket. Obama's economic policies are going to keep job growth stagnant for years to come.

Quick Reply: Obama Scores Ten Billion Dollar Indian Export Deal