when will the price top out

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drick
And if you keep sending your money to Japan then you wont have a job to make money in the future..
the other day i seen a 90s model nissan truck with a bumper sticker that said quit sending your money over seas buy american, for some reason that seemed like the biggest oxymoron to me. why would you put a bumper sticker on a truck thats from a company based in japan that says buy american. and just because some foriegn vehicles are built in the US the company is still based in japan so even tho some people are employed by the company here im pretty sure a pretty penny of what is paid for the vehicle is going overseas so wouldnt that be helping there economy?

Old 10-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by 99rckstrexpy
the other day i seen a 90s model nissan truck with a bumper sticker that said quit sending your money over seas buy american, for some reason that seemed like the biggest oxymoron to me. why would you put a bumper sticker on a truck thats from a company based in japan that says buy american. and just because some foriegn vehicles are built in the US the company is still based in japan so even tho some people are employed by the company here im pretty sure a pretty penny of what is paid for the vehicle is going overseas so wouldnt that be helping there economy?
All major car companies, including Nissan (and Ford!) are publicly traded. If you as an American, buy Nissan, then you share in the profits of the company. Likewise, if a Japanese buys Ford shares, then they share in the profits. It's all a big global economy nowadays.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by redfx4150
just wondering when the price will top out for trucks not to long ago a load truck new was 20 then 30 then 40 now most are within 45 to 55 grand
Well, since the first F-Series trucks cost between $900 - $1,500 when they first came out in 1948 . . . I'd say the answer to your question is "never".

Old 11-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by K-Mac Attack
The problem is that no one wants vehicles that are basically equipped. I worked at a Dodge Dealership while in college as a salesman. We had a Neon that had crank windows, manual transmission, A/C delete and was as plain Jane as they get. It was brand new but 2 model years old still sitting there. They couldn't give it away. We were offered a bonus to move this thing and still no one could sell it!

It used to be a 4 year loan was long...then it went to 5 years...now we have 6, 7 and even 8 year loans on cars. For those that can't afford those terms, I have even seen 5+ year leases that have huge balloon payments at the end! If the banks will finance them, people will buy them at any cost.

No one asks how much the car is, they ask how much a month?
The reason people didn't want that car is because the longer terms made the more expensive car more affordable. If suddenly terms were shortened to four years again and leases were done away with (neither will happen), you will see either the price of goods drop or the extras removed or both. Why should they buy a basic POS for 399 per month for three years, when they can buy a nicely equipped one for 425 per month on a 6 year loan or 400 per month for a three year lease? People have come to accept that they will always have a car payment, so why should they sacrifice on anything they want when they believe they are going to have to pay constantly for it anyway. Personally, I think that notion is foolish.

The last car loan I had, I took for 72 months only because I was starting a new job and was unsure how much I would be making. That car was paid off in less then two years.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by kobiashi
Well, since the first F-Series trucks cost between $900 - $1,500 when they first came out in 1948 . . . I'd say the answer to your question is "never".
The first F series also didn't have heated leather seats, power windows, or much of anything other than a motor and a seat. You get what you pay for.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
The first F series also didn't have heated leather seats, power windows, or much of anything other than a motor and a seat. You get what you pay for.
You smart *** college kids with your hula-hoops and listening to your Dan Fogleberg . . . you think you know so much? . . . well then do the math. What would a frame, shell, motor and some seats run today?

So my answer is still NEVER!

And get a hair cut! And find a job! You lazy bum! And look at me when I'm talking to you! And stop trackin' mud across my nice clean floor!!!!

Time to go finish my three days worth of detailing the SUV. Getting ready for winter. Snow. Salt. It's coming.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You smart *** college kids with your hula-hoops and listening to your Dan Fogleberg . . . you think you know so much? . . . well then do the math. What would a frame, shell, motor and some seats run today?
About 40k plus......only today we call them buggies or rock crawlers!

Oh and it's Hula-hoops and Elvis Presley, Fogelberg was about 15 years later.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by kobiashi

So my answer is still NEVER!

And get a hair cut! And find a job! You lazy bum! And look at me when I'm talking to you! And stop trackin' mud across my nice clean floor!!!!
HIGH-FIVE!

Old 11-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaairman

If I remember correctly, even things things like passenger-side visors and turn signals were optional on those era trucks -- definitely different times......

Quick Reply: when will the price top out