Dealership cover ups ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dealership cover ups ???

Last wk I noticed the end of my vent shade was lifting...tape let go.
So I went to put a dab of permatex on it to seal it back down being it was just the very end lifting. When I started to lift it enough to get the glue in there the whole top half just pop loose ....crap!..understandable though ..10yr old truck

So it now turns into replacing the tape on the whole thing . When I popped the rest of it off I found this underneath.

Looks like someone got a little bit careless with the buffer.

I think it happened at the dealer before I bought it as it was a 1 yr lease before it became mine . Both ventshades and bug deflector are "ford" factory items and most just buy the aftermarket ones when they put them on themself, plus dought someone would put add ons on a 1yr lease vehicle.

Another reason I think it came from the dealer too is...
When I had it serviced I had them changed the tranny fluid and screen @ 80k
According to the invoice it was done and I paid for it ...275.00.
Just this spring I had to change out tranny lines due to rust rot. Since I was there and it has 145k on it now . I thought I'd change fluid and screen again too..bout due anyways..I tow alot. Only to find out it was never done back at the dealer when they said it was....why??? found the yellow plug still in the pan. I really don't think they would throw that plug back in after servicing it.

Iv'e had a few other head scratching episodes before from this dealer trying to get more than whats really needed out of me .

Definitely going to seek a new dealer when I go to replace this one with a new f-150 in the near future.

Do you have full faith in your dealer?
What happened to the old days when you took a car in for service and you got a loaner, full tank of gas and a detail job when you got it back ?
I can handle not getting the perks of days gone by, but shezz do the service that I pay for!!

....good thing I like the ventshades , sure would of sucked if I wanted them off .

snow

Old 06-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Looks like maybe the vent shade could have caused the damage, after ten+ years of getting pushed against there by the wind.

Dealers and their service departments are hit and miss. Would not surprise me if one charged for work they did not do or only partially did.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
Looks like maybe the vent shade could have caused the damage, after ten+ years of getting pushed against there by the wind.

Dealers and their service departments are hit and miss. Would not surprise me if one charged for work they did not do or only partially did.
Nope ...damage was not done by the ventshade, old tape had the exact same indent from it being applied over it.

it's a buffer grind ...been there done that before:o. The buffer will catch the ridge on the weather striping and before you know it ....it puts a gouge in just like that.

It tugs the heck out of your wrist when you hit the rubber ones , but sure remember the old metal trim pcs that use to be on them...those would go flying when they were snagged with a buffer ....duck!

snow

Quick Reply: Dealership cover ups ???