Anybody out there that I know?? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 03:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Anybody out there that I know?? LOL

Thought I'd drop in and say HI, been a while! There sure are a lot of names I don't recognize on here!

How have you all been? Amazingly there isn't a whole lot new in my life. I just keep on keeping on! My hubby retired from the CG. He's unemployed right now but looking, not a lot out there. I'm still working at the convenience store, not glamorous but at least it helps with the bills! I still have my truck, been thinking of downsizing but until the hubby gets work we can't afford a vehicle loan. I love my truck but it's really way more than I need now that we're not moving all over creation!

Did you all have a good Christmas? Santa was pretty good to me and we got to spend it with family, that's always a big plus. So far the new year has been pretty dull but at least we're not buried in 12 feet of snow!! The last 2 winters we've had way more snow than I care to deal with! So far this year, only a foot or so and most of that's gone.

Well, just wanted to touch base with any of you out there who remember me! Have a great day!!

Rock-on!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember you. Welcome back. Where did you go?

Old 01-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Hey there W-M-R, sounds like you're still hanging in there like the rest of us! Glad to hear that you've still got the KR(?) I'm not on here as much anymore either, (won't go into details)!

Hang in there, it's tough for everybody...at least you've still got a job!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Rose, welcome over to this side. Been fairly quiet. Sounds like I have had more snow than you have. So far fairly close to 3', although it is gone now.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, looks like GDR is siphoning off some folks, lol. Wow - and I thought Wiki was a toilet....

What I don't get is the folks with the alter-ego's... nice as pie here, Marine drill sargeant potty-mouths over there. And LT being an O.G.D.R ??? WTF???

Wow did I ever miss something while on my sabbatical

No snow here, Rose. No jobs, either

Old 01-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Hi Rose! Snow finally all melted here also. not a lot, just didn't want to go away! LOL No job here since middle of november either......wife working though! Gotta love the honey do lists! Putting in 3 part mouldings on floor now since the hardwood was put in a few months ago....by the way what is GDR and ODGR? Take care.....Jim

Old 01-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Guess you found some boys that were most interesting than us.......

Or richer......

Old 01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
You don't know me wmr, I remember you tho. - In a good way of course lol.

Great Christmas! Kids are freakin spoiled ( :

Last edited by jbrew; 01-18-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:50 AM
You know me!

Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan

Yeah, looks like GDR is siphoning off some folks, lol. Wow - and I thought Wiki was a toilet....

What I don't get is the folks with the alter-ego's... nice as pie here, Marine drill sargeant potty-mouths over there. And LT being an O.G.D.R ??? WTF???

Wow did I ever miss something while on my sabbatical

No snow here, Rose. No jobs, either

Do I know you?

If what I'm about to say causes me to be banned, then so be it.

Yes, I am a member of the site you mentioned. But I find the guys there to be nothing but polite, nice and sincere to me. I am battling breast cancer right now. I have had exrtremely tough times over the last few months and they have been nothing but supportive of me. They even made a collection in my name for Breast Cancer Research. I have been a member of F150 for 5 years now. A thread was made here by someone mentioning my cancer and very few people even responded. What does that say? But what I have to say is that all those guys are awesome. And I consider them my friends.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
LT;

Yes, we corresponded briefly a few years ago. You were a fixture here at that time, which is what caught me off-guard - the implication that you were somehow, well 'shunned', for lack of a better word, and hence ended up 'there', which by all accounts appears to be the 'Australia' for folks who felt unwelcome 'here'.

I was not around for quite some time, hence I missed a big chunk of what transpired, including news of your situation. Had I known I would have responded.

Take care. Support is important. You have mine.

Regards
MGD

Old 01-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi, Rose. Good to see you around. I tried to email you not too terribly long ago and it didn't go through... email me (use the link by clicking on my username)!

Hope things are alive and well in your neck of the woods... Again, great to see you.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Let's drive down the paved path and stay on topic, please? Thanks and much appreciated...

Old 01-18-2010, 04:05 PM
hey rose! where you been? we thought you forgot about us!! lol welcome back!!

Old 01-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi Karen, I'm still here

The rest of you

Quick Reply: Anybody out there that I know?? LOL