Lake Effect snow nitemare drive

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
Hey Buck!

We're supposed to get a significant snowfall starting tomorrow night through late Saturday night. Thanks for sending it my way! Should have a white Christmas!

"J" i hope you have a great Christmas and a white one to boot. a little snow on christmas is a good thing..

Old 12-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by buckdropper
"J" i hope you have a great Christmas and a white one to boot. a little snow on christmas is a good thing..
Merry Christmas to you too "J".:santa:

Old 12-18-2009, 10:27 AM
1' or more for the my area by Sunday morning. Woo Hoo!!

Pretty good chance for another storm xmas eve. Man, haven't had a white Christmas for quite a few years now. I'm lovin' it.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisT
1' or more for the my area by Sunday morning. Woo Hoo!!

Pretty good chance for another storm xmas eve. Man, haven't had a white Christmas for quite a few years now. I'm lovin' it.

I'm in Central NJ and they're not committing to a total snowfall amount. By the time it reaches us it's supposed to head more easterly. But South Jersey is supposed to get about a foot also. I'll be happy with half that. :santa:

Old 12-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah, those weathermen\women tend to play it safe these days and not show their hand too early. They have hinted that we might see in excess of 2ft, but I'll believe that when I see it.

There's another storm forcasted for Christmas Eve, too. So it sounds like it will definitely be a white Christmas in my neck of the woods (to quote Al Roaker). Plus, it's not supposed to get much above freezing for the next several days, so this storm's accumulation will be sticking around for a while. :santa:

I'm 30 years old, but I still get just as excited for snow as I did when I was a kid. I'll probably be looking out my window every other hour tonight waiting for the snow.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah, those weathermen\women tend to play it safe these days and not show their hand too early. They have hinted that we might see in excess of 2ft, but I'll believe that when I see it.

There's another storm forcasted for Christmas Eve, too. So it sounds like it will definitely be a white Christmas in my neck of the woods (to quote Al Roaker). Plus, it's not supposed to get much above freezing for the next several days, so this storm's accumulation will be sticking around for a while. :santa:

I'm 30 years old, but I still get just as excited for snow as I did when I was a kid. I'll probably be looking out my window every other hour tonight waiting for the snow.
I'll be looking out the windows with you. I haven't heard anything on the Christmas Eve storm. Is it headed my way?

Old 12-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
I'll be looking out the windows with you. I haven't heard anything on the Christmas Eve storm. Is it headed my way?
I'm not certain. My local station's weather guy said we'll be keeping an eye on another approaching storm on Christmas eve. I see a 40% chance or precipitation for my extended forecast, but it looks like rain\mix as of now.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm not certain. My local station's weather guy said we'll be keeping an eye on another approaching storm on Christmas eve. I see a 40% chance or precipitation for my extended forecast, but it looks like rain\mix as of now.
Well let's not get ahead of ourselves anyway. We still have this storm.:santa:

Old 12-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supposed to get 2-4" overnight.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems to be in our extended forcast, that we may get a light dusting here next week. If we get over 1/2 inch, I'm sure we'll have to call it a state of emergency

Quick Reply: Lake Effect snow nitemare drive