tips on selling my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tips on selling my truck?

i need tips on selling my truck, it should be up for sale sometime mid december or so, just lookin for anything that can help me get rid of this thing quick

Old 11-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Well I think now is the time, you need to put it on the market for a good price. Check AutoTrader and surely check Ebay for comps. If you wait too long my friend im afraid that the oil market is going to be hell on wheels again. The values of trucks are going to tank again like last year. I think my F150 was down to around 15G for trade in at one point, and my wifes Jetta was up nearly close to my truck! Do it now bud thats my advice. Also get it detailed of course make it look good, maybe do some under carriage painting and stuff to keep things looking new. Good luck O yeah trade in might be good idea too.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
Well I think now is the time, you need to put it on the market for a good price. Check AutoTrader and surely check Ebay for comps. If you wait too long my friend im afraid that the oil market is going to be hell on wheels again. The values of trucks are going to tank again like last year. I think my F150 was down to around 15G for trade in at one point, and my wifes Jetta was up nearly close to my truck! Do it now bud thats my advice. Also get it detailed of course make it look good, maybe do some under carriage painting and stuff to keep things looking new. Good luck O yeah trade in might be good idea too.

i would trade it in but im afriad i wont get nearly what i want for this truck and i only want 3 grand for this truck, and i need that 3 grand to go towards my next truck, lookin to pay cash for the new truck not make payments

Old 11-28-2009, 11:46 PM
I haven't seen a pic of your truck, but right now around here 1990's box models are going for around 3grand.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
I haven't seen a pic of your truck, but right now around here 1990's box models are going for around 3grand.

paint is in great condition so we will see

Old 11-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Suspended
It's not a house.

Price is what decides if your vehicle will sell or not -- or how fast.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I know this isn't a Ford... but... figure I'd ask anyhow...

I'm trying to sell my Dodge Ram 2500 I picked up this past summer with a bad tranny. I am in the process of replacing the tranny with a bullet proofed one (triple stage torque converter and HD clutch bands).

I just want to get rid of this thing...

I've got it in the classifieds on here... but after the tranny is done, I'm going to throw it up on the 'bay and see what I get.

Any other suggestions?

Old 11-30-2009, 10:04 AM
no one on this site is going to buy a dodge unless they are partially brian dead, no offense to you but i would just put it up on craigslist

Old 11-30-2009, 10:37 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
make sure it's cleaned thouroughly

Old 11-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ManualF150
I know this isn't a Ford... but... figure I'd ask anyhow...

I'm trying to sell my Dodge Ram 2500 I picked up this past summer with a bad tranny. I am in the process of replacing the tranny with a bullet proofed one (triple stage torque converter and HD clutch bands).

I just want to get rid of this thing...

I've got it in the classifieds on here... but after the tranny is done, I'm going to throw it up on the 'bay and see what I get.

Any other suggestions?
If you're going to sell it regardless, why throw more money into the transmission then you have to?

Mod's don't sell trucks. Someone who buys your truck will buy it regardless of if the transmissions "bulletproof" in your mind.

Get quotes and pick someone certified to rebuilt the transmission, and sell it with all reciepts to show work done. You won't get any extra money out of it because you spent $500 more on the transmission.

If you DO make the transmission "Bulletproof" - Keep it. It wouldn't make sense to sell a HD truck with a fresh rebuilt, armoured transmission.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by dlenkewich
If you're going to sell it regardless, why throw more money into the transmission then you have to?

Mod's don't sell trucks. Someone who buys your truck will buy it regardless of if the transmissions "bulletproof" in your mind.

Get quotes and pick someone certified to rebuilt the transmission, and sell it with all reciepts to show work done. You won't get any extra money out of it because you spent $500 more on the transmission.

If you DO make the transmission "Bulletproof" - Keep it. It wouldn't make sense to sell a HD truck with a fresh rebuilt, armoured transmission.
Well... I've had many of buyers looking at it for $5k saying they'd give me more if it had a rebuilt or used tranny in it.

Remember, diesels always go higher... probably because of the engine.

Personally, I don't want to get rid of it, but I have no choice.

In my mind no auto tranny is bulletproof.

But they are putting some sick components in it.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:40 AM
glc
Received 768 Likes on 709 Posts
Why the hell did you BUY it in the first place with a known crappy automatic tranny?

Old 12-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Well... I've had many of buyers looking at it for $5k saying they'd give me more if it had a rebuilt or used tranny in it.
So this prooves my point.

Remember, diesels always go higher... probably because of the engine.
Obviously because of the Diesel engine, I don't get this comment.

Personally, I don't want to get rid of it, but I have no choice.
Why'd you buy it - only to "have" to sell it?

In my mind no auto tranny is bulletproof.
Then it further pushes my point NOT to pour the extra bucks in it.

But they are putting some sick components in it.
Comments in bold.

Frankly, I think your on crack.

Quick Reply: tips on selling my truck?