Turning 21 and i have to get a new ID?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 09:59 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
A bar or liquor store does not HAVE to serve you if you are 21 or over. They have the legal right to refuse service to anyone. If a place won't let you in, don't create a scene, just move on.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RileyDog
hell, we dont even serve people @ midnight of their bday.....have to wait til the next day.
I'd boycott your bar for being ******.

Originally Posted by scottbigred
There would have to be major major limitations put into that. Do you realize how many parents would be attending there childs funeral if all the sudden the drinking age dropped to 18?
Seeing today's kids on the news, a little cleansing of the gene pool might not be a bad thing overall.

Originally Posted by glc
A bar or liquor store does not HAVE to serve you if you are 21 or over. They have the legal right to refuse service to anyone. If a place won't let you in, don't create a scene, just move on.
While that may be true, the intent there is to allow the bar/store to refuse service to people who are already intoxicated, to the point where they become a danger to themselves or others. Unless it is a private club, or you are already pooptanked, you should be served. Can you imagine a place of business succeeding by turning customers away?

- NCSU

Old 11-01-2009, 09:06 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I've seen places that won't serve you if you are under 23 or 25. They are out there.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:35 AM
You will probably be able to get in anywhere just bring your id and some other forms of id and if you can go to the dmv and they will give you temporary paperwork to use with your old id till your new one comes in the mail, it seems to be that way for most states. And when you go to the bar just walk in like you own the place and they usually wont give you a hassle, it works for me cause I dont turn 21 till march, and the liquor stores are probably going to accept your id as long as its not a very up scale place, there are alot of liquor stores out there that are really up in the air about there policy's and there going to take pretty much any business they can get..

Old 11-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Well good new guys, it wasn't even close to being an issue. The guy at the door was pretty cool, went something like this. I hand him my ID, he looks at it, looks at me, then looks at it and says ummm... carry the one, carry the two... ok Happy Birthday. We only went out for a couple of drinks then went back to the party (keg). But all in all it was a good time.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Glad you had fun and didn't run into any issues!

Originally Posted by glc
I've seen places that won't serve you if you are under 23 or 25. They are out there.
I'd bet pretty much anything that those places are not located in college towns!

- NCSU

Quick Reply: Turning 21 and i have to get a new ID?