GM Rant

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GM took Billions of $'s, closed thousands of dealerships that didn't support Obama and now is building fewer vehicles to sell.
Now I'm not to good with math but how can they pay back the money they took and stay afloat ??

Cash for clunkers didn't help them sell vehicle's like Ford or Japan did and now they have this 60 day free thing. I'll say in 2 years GM is history

Old 09-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
I just happen to know Big Ed Whitacre and I can tell you he apparently believes what he is saying or he wouldn't be saying it. He doesn't need that job and didn't ask for it. He has a reputation as being a straight shooter. Not saying that all of GM cars and trucks will be the best on the road. All makers make a lemon but there are apparently processes in place now that were not there under Wagner. Before I would throw GM under the bus, I'd stand back and watch. They might just surprise you.
I've already thrown GM under the bus and backed over "them". It's not the whole, "we dumped over half our product line that didn't need to be there in the first place so we can "possibly" produce a better product." ( that's a lonnnng sentence ) It's the fact that they basically "pimped out" their own "American Workers" to stay in business. I'm willing to bet that if it was any other large scale company outside the auto sector in the US ( besides the banks, but they didn't use their employees as leverage ) that company would cease to exist.

Originally Posted by Labnerd
I think there is plenty of room for GM to be #2 in quality. What Big Ed has to figure out is how to get their buyers back.
IMHO there is NO ROOM for a company who has raped and pilaged itself and expected everyone else to bail them out.

Good luck to Big Ed!

Old 09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Suspended
i have no problem with chevy, but my friend all he does is talk **** about my truck because its a ford, now he likes my f250 because its diesel but he still talks **** that its a ford. and his gf does it to only because he does. and its not a once a week thing, i hear it atleast a couple times everytime i see him.

and apparently my toyota is a ugly POS that i shouldn't be wasting all this money into. getting really old, never talk crap about his chevy (98 with 180k) or his 95 land rover (which i really think is a POS) but i keep it to myself because i have no reason to make fun of his trucks.

a truck is a truck, obviously everyone likes the make they bought but i dont see the big need to talk crap about the other brands, sure i dont prefer them but its your choice and your money so it doesn't matter to me.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
i have no problem with chevy, but my friend all he does is talk **** about my truck because its a ford, now he likes my f250 because its diesel but he still talks **** that its a ford. and his gf does it to only because he does. and its not a once a week thing, i hear it atleast a couple times everytime i see him.

and apparently my toyota is a ugly POS that i shouldn't be wasting all this money into. getting really old, never talk crap about his chevy (98 with 180k) or his 95 land rover (which i really think is a POS) but i keep it to myself because i have no reason to make fun of his trucks.

a truck is a truck, obviously everyone likes the make they bought but i dont see the big need to talk crap about the other brands, sure i dont prefer them but its your choice and your money so it doesn't matter to me.
Just wait until you buy a Harley motorcycle then you're going to really hear it

Quick Reply: GM Rant