an interesting perspective, progressivism

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
an interesting perspective, progressivism

I thought that this might be interesting to some of you. It might help to give a different perspective on some of the events of our time.

Foundation for Economic Education-Not So Fast! The Legacy of Progressivism

Originally Posted by Foundation for Economic Education-Not So Fast! The Legacy of Progressivism
Fast forward to 2009. We have seen the Fed create two consecutive financial bubbles that have broken, the collapse of the Progressive-style entities Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and yet another attempt by the government to create that ultimate Progressive goal, nationalized medical care. We have seen the executive branch operate almost unencumbered by Congress and the courts bail out one firm after another and create a number of “czars” to oversee everything from Wall Street to the automobile industry.
What do you think? Do you think that we should just let the progressive movement happen, and live with it?

Old 09-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No way should we let the progressives win. Look at places like England who have had prgressive policies for many years now. Now they are trying to reverse that trend. It will be impossible to get back to personal responsibility and small government for them. It will be damn hard for us now already. This is a fight for the future of America to stay where we are.. much less to get back to our roots.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Old 09-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raoul
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
I know it's a funny thing to joke about, but do you think it's ok that we become a "progressive" society?

When we first met, I was obsessed with my truck and making it fast. My focus at that time was on cold air intakes, high flow exhaust, and I was becoming very interested in forced induction. I wasn't all that interested in political matters, at least any further than I had to be.

I attended the rally in VA that next year. It was '02. I realized on 9/11/01 that I really needed to start paying more attention to things that I once didn't think had any bearing on me. I knew I need to start paying attention, and I did. I was still more interested in my truck though.

Years later I don't have that truck anymore. I don't have a truck at all at this point. I'm still interested in forced induction and the like, but right now I'm more focused on paying attention. In the process of paying attention, I've come across the topic of progressivism.

I understand that many progressives have the nobelists of intentions, but tend to agree with thoes who express caution in acceptence of progressive policies.

The push for progressivism has been going on for more than a hundred years and people from with in our government, from both political parties have been doing the pushing. It seems to me that if we choose to succumb to this ideology we will soon more closely resemble the monarchy the people who devised our governmental system more than two hundred years ago were trying to escape.

I'm just curious if people, pick-up truck luv'n people, from around this country are ok with a progressive type of of government. Are we ok with collectivism and statism? Because if we are, doing nothing will accomplish that.

Now, if I could figure out how to strap a blower on the 3.5 in the Edge, and could actually afford to do it, maybe I'd be more intersted in going fast. For now though, I think current, as well as historical events will have to do.

Last edited by wittom; 09-13-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Quick Reply: an interesting perspective, progressivism