Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Rationing Medical Care

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...780260914.html

Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I sure hope people open their eyes.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I was listening to talk radio while driving today and the guy on the show asked "what has the Obama Administration accomplished?" The auto bailout was an outright channeling of major funds to the UAW. The economic bailout hasn't worked and the future holds the impending inflation that we will be doomed with not to mention the taxes that will have to be raised to pay it back. Now the health care package has turned into an abortion that even the Democrats can't get together on. With the Democrats having complete control over the House, you'd think they could get something going. With the Senate being also a Democratic majority, you'd think they would have something on the table. Is this administration going to be known for being the most incompetent bunch of morons ever to go to Washington?

Like I said before the elections, Obama hasn't ever run something as simple as a gas station. How in the world could anybody vote for a man with zero experience for the most complex job in the world? This administration is getting embarrassing. I think I'll move to Mexico before the Mexicans put up a wall.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.vancouversun.com/story_pr...878506&sponsor

VANCOUVER — Vancouver patients needing neurosurgery, treatment for vascular diseases and other medically necessary procedures can expect to wait longer for care, NDP health critic Adrian Dix said Monday.

Dix said a Vancouver Coastal Health Authority document shows it is considering chopping more than 6,000 surgeries in an effort to make up for a dramatic budgetary shortfall that could reach $200 million.

According to the leaked document, Vancouver Coastal — which oversees the budget for Vancouver General and St. Paul’s hospitals, among other health-care facilities — is looking to close nearly a quarter of its operating rooms starting in September and to cut 6,250 surgeries, including 24 per cent of cases scheduled from September to March and 10 per cent of all medically necessary elective procedures this fiscal year.

The plan proposes cutbacks to neurosurgery, ophthalmology, vascular surgery, and 11 other specialized areas.

As many of 112 full-time jobs — including 13 anesthesiologist positions — would be affected by the reductions, the document says.

None of this would happen here in the US if we ended up with Socialized medicine... would it? Surely our Gov't would run healthcare much better...wouldn't they?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this administration going to be known for being the most incompetent bunch of morons ever to go to Washington?
The answer is a resounding YES! And Al Franken is just the icing on the cake. Have definitely lost my appetite for cake. Can just see Nancy Pill-osi jumping out of it.

Quick Reply: Rationing Medical Care