Have any of y'all ever been Sky Diving

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have any of y'all ever been Sky Diving

What do y'all think about it? I've always wanted to try it, but don't know if I should. I might get up there and not like it so much. I really like things like Roller Coasters though.

If y'all have done this then how about share your thoughts or insight on it.

Last edited by JROC_03Cobra; 06-14-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see no reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Suspended
Skydivin

I've been skydivin a few times in Otay Mesa, right next to the Tijuana border in San Diego. It was a blast. It ws by the far the most exciting thing I have ever done which is sayin a lot from me cuz I've done some pretty crazy things. But don't go tandem! For one it's gotta be a little weird to be strapped to someone else in control of the chute and it's two, you'll have more fun if you pay a little bit more, sit through the class and pass the oral/written test and jump solo. Also make sure you pay for the video so you can show others later. It's a blast. Go do it and have fun!

Old 06-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Graphics Contributor
I'd love to try it sometime where I'm just strapped on for the ride and someone else pulls the chute and does all the work.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by rivydzl
I've been skydivin a few times in Otay Mesa, right next to the Tijuana border in San Diego. It was a blast. It ws by the far the most exciting thing I have ever done which is sayin a lot from me cuz I've done some pretty crazy things. But don't go tandem! For one it's gotta be a little weird to be strapped to someone else in control of the chute and it's two, you'll have more fun if you pay a little bit more, sit through the class and pass the oral/written test and jump solo. Also make sure you pay for the video so you can show others later. It's a blast. Go do it and have fun!
You think it would be a good idea to do it solo for the first time? I thought that you had to do two or three jumps before they would let you do that?

I defanently would want to get it on video, but I believe its pretty expensive, isn't it?

Old 06-14-2009, 06:57 PM
esf
How expensive is it to take the classes and whatnot?

Old 06-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by esf
How expensive is it to take the classes and whatnot?
IDK.

I think if you get a group of people together and do a tandom jump its around $160 a person on the norm. Atleast thats what I see most places here in the Southeast advertising for.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A tandem jump in Arkansas is about $250.{includes ground school and three jumps} It's a blast, and I recommend a tandem for the first couple. The visual transition from altitude to the ground can be deceiving. With out the experience of a tandem, you may have a rough landing, as it helps to know when to flare.

Last edited by Tumba; 06-14-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:28 PM
I think I would sky dive before I bunjee jump.... that stuff is just crazy

Old 06-14-2009, 07:33 PM
esf
Originally Posted by Tumba
A tandem jump in Arkansas is about $250.{includes ground school and three jumps} It's a blast, and I recommend a tandem for the first couple. The visual transition from altitude to the ground can be deceiving. With out the experience of a tandem, you may have a rough landing, as it helps to know when to flare.
All three have to be tandem? I just want to do it once. I see no need to do it three times. Haha. Especially if each time you have to be strapped to someone's back. Are they all on seperate days or all in one day? And how does it work anyway as far as classes and when you jump? Do you take the classes and jump the same day?

Old 06-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by esf
All three have to be tandem? I just want to do it once. I see no need to do it three times. Haha. Especially if each time you have to be strapped to someone's back. Are they all on seperate days or all in one day? And how does it work anyway as far as classes and when you jump? Do you take the classes and jump the same day?
All in one day. You will actually be strapped their chest. Three tandems are recommended, is takes experience to deal with the landing speed. Believe me , a hard landing is no pleasure.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:01 PM
esf
I believe you. Haha. And yeah I guess it makes more sense to be strapped to their chest. It's be awkward if the chute was attached to the chest and you the back. Heh. After jumping tandem, is it worth it to go back up and jump solo? Are there seperate classes to take for solo jumps on top of the tandem classes? Also any size requirements. I'm not a small guy, what if I get a small dude? Is that a problem? haha.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Here ya go
http://www.skydivehappyvalley.com/

Here is a place to answer some of your questions.

I haven't jumped in a long time, but it is one of the best experiences of my life

Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Check out this Skydiving video montage.(Love the song they chose for it BTW)
http://www.skydivingsouthcarolina.co...ng-videos.html

Old 06-14-2009, 09:30 PM
esf
Well F me. I'm over the weight limit! No more than 245.

Quick Reply: Have any of y'all ever been Sky Diving