DOG QUESTION!!! woof woof!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2001, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those Ridgebacks are cool - I think they are known in other parts of the world as Rhodesian Lion Hounds. They would protect families who lived on ranches in outlying areas of Rhodesia(now it's Zimbabwe) from lions or unsavory humans. I think 2 or 3 dogs would be used to take down a lion

------------------
2001 Lariat SC 5.4 4x4 LS ORP Class III 17in wheels Captains seats Oxford White
-Sony ES CDX-M650 Polk EX572a(2 pr.) Dynamats
-Westin nerf bar, ARE Z series cap, Yakima rack, Bedrug
-Superchip
-Air Force 1 FIPK

-PIAA 520 driving lights behind grill
-PIAA 1400 fogs in bumper intakes

Old 05-17-2001, 02:32 PM
thanks Lariat,
my dog has the freedom to run around the house (except the living room and bedrooms) and we don't cage her up all day. At first we did, but then decided it was best to break her in to the house a little more.

She is also good about not hauling a$$ out the door when "I" am there.. If I leave the door open and turn my back, you can bet she'll be flyin like a blown 302

but she does'nt go very far, just a house or 2 down sniffing around, then she comes back

just a question here, the "scruff" you guys are refferring to, is this the back of the neck where the loose skin is?

Old 05-17-2001, 02:45 PM
I had a Great Pyrnees, this dog is like a polar bear, (look them up) He was fearless, a shotgun going off next to his ear wouldn't make him flinch(NO.I didn't do it) anyway they were breed for protecting flocks of sheep, and to work on their own,(read don't take commands )the only method of punishment was,I would grab an ear, and twist until I got a little yelp, it was the only way through that thick skull.

http://www.greatpyrenees.com/

------------------
2001 F-150 XLT S-CAB 4.6 "Fully equipt, and Superchip'd!"
96 Taurus GL
93 Kenne-Bell Supercharged Mustang
"Injection is nice, but I perfer being blown!"

www.kenne-bell.com/owners.asp
http://www.corral.net/cgi-bin/member...p00000403&p&p0

86 Kawasaki ZG 1000 A-1 Concours

[This message has been edited by jstang (edited 05-17-2001).]

Old 05-18-2001, 12:42 AM
JD
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada (originally from Kearny, New Jersey)
Don't know what happened to my post, got cut in half after the fact and the post i replied to was deleted! Oh Well, here's Bubba:

------------------
99 F250XLT Supercab LD
5.4L 3.73 LS
White/Silver
Graphite interior
6 CD changer/Captain's Chairs

Old 05-18-2001, 12:46 AM
JD
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada (originally from Kearny, New Jersey)
Talking

When I got him from the SPCA he was about 6 weeks old. They said he was German Shepard mix. Everybody I crossed paths with after that said that's how the SPCA gets the dogs moving, everyone wants a shepard, a lab, or rott. His brothers and sisters had some other colors in them, he was solid.

Went to a pet store for the necessities that day a guy and his friends immediately said the same thing, Rhodesian Ridgeback. He had his pure bred with him, spitting image in the face. Never heard of them before then.

I went home, did a search, and brought up dozens of picture. Looked just like a lot of them. Has all the characteristics and mannerisms if one. Facial, little white spot in his chest. Although is coat is a slight bit lighter and he's only at 90 pounds, they can get quite huge. I've read that they used to use them as lion hunters.

He's a great dog, only I can't say he's always mans best friend, the wife trying hard to change that title to woman's best friend .

------------------
99 F250XLT Supercab LD
5.4L 3.73 LS
White/Silver
Graphite interior
6 CD changer/Captain's Chairs

Old 05-18-2001, 09:34 AM
Yep, that's the scruff.

I could not even imagine letting Sydney have free roam of my little apartment when I'm not there. I would have nothing left to come home to. I am building her her own house when we finish building our new house. She'll have A/C and everything. Maybe even a little pool to play in.

------------------
--Lariat4WD--

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Flareside 4x4 Lariat
5.4L;auto;3.55LS;Black/Charcoal;ORP;remote keyless;floor-shift 4wd;Class III;AM/FM/SingleCD
Mods so far:
Lund X-Terminator bug shield; Vent Shade Vent Visors; Westin Black step bars; Pendaliner bedliner; GSP black Safari Grille Guard; Clear corner lenses; under hitch backup lights; 2 KC Hilites Daylighter 6" 150W black round; Cranked torsion bars; 2 Polk Audio EX10 10" subs under rear seat; Sony XM754HX amp; Viper 300ESP alarm; NR Auto white/black gauges; changed silver 2-tone to dark charcoal, warranty paint work on bed sides and roof; removed all Lariat striping...for now. Body shop reapplying new ORP decals; 2001 Lightning tail lights; Husky catch-all liners; Custom 5.4L badges; Flowmaster 40 Delta Series SI/DO exhaust w/ dual 18" chrome angle cut tips out back
Pending
99 Z-28 chrome tips
Warranty Paint Work Pending
Hood being repainted due to acid rain damage
Wish list:
More lights; 2001 Lightning head lights & corners; Optima red top battery; Remote start & Prox. sensor; Custom center console housing 6.8" LCD and TV tuner & PS2; VCP; GPS; BedRug & Roll bar; Aluminum dash kit

<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1288981&a=10889838&p=46014765&Sequence=0&re s=high" TARGET=_blank> </A> <A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1288981&a=10889838&p=46014772&Sequence=0&re s=high" TARGET=_blank> </A>
<A HREF="http://www.bmgsite.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>

2000 VW Cabrio GL (Wife's)
2.0L, auto, pw, pdl, pm, tilt, cruise
Green ext, black cloth int
Am/Fm/Cass w/ CD cgr
Subs & Amp pending.

<A HREF="http://www.autoleaseauthority.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>

Quick Reply: DOG QUESTION!!! woof woof!