hey dennis ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 01:52 PM
4x4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hey dennis ???

https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/001782.html

Just for my own personal understanding, how come you didn't jump this guys case when he used the "WTF"? Just wondering....

Old 05-07-2001, 04:13 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4x4:
https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/001782.html

Just for my own personal understanding, how come you didn't jump this guys case when he used the "WTF"? Just wondering....
</font>
Why is it not a surprise that you can't see the difference? When you used it, you used it as a personal attack on another member. In the thread you linked to, it was not a personal attack.

Besides, I consider Cowlady a friend of mine and I'm not afraid to stick up for my friends.

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited 05-07-2001).]

Old 05-07-2001, 04:17 PM
Question

Let me take a guess at this ok? First of all, I didn't see any inappropriate words used - maybe the post was modified. BUT - as you can also see, no women were involved in that post.
There are a number of men here who object to any vulgarity in posts, especially when women are reading them or it is directed at the woman. Dennis has my deepest gratitude for the respect he has shown me because I am a woman who always behaves as a lady! The same goes for the other's who were offended on my behalf in past posts made by several different members.
I am not saying that I should receive "special treatment" because I am female. I do however behave very respectably & for THAT reason I like to be treated respectfully, You were kind enough to apologize & I did accept it. I have no ill feelings, nor do I hold a grudge. As far as I'm concerned, that's over & done with. We're all friends now so let's just try to enjoy these boards & learn from them.
Hope this helps - I'm assuming that this is a plausible reason. If Dennis has another he'll post it.

------------------

www.andthensometoo.com/owners/cowlady
Love my truck & PROUD of it! If you can't beat 'em, you're NOT driving a FORD!
Shovies PROVE that FORD'S are #1!!
'97 Black F150 XLT ORP 4X4 Reg Cab/LB
4.6L/auto/3.55 LS/power EVERYTHING,
nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,
6 CD changer, lumbar support & 3 cow license plates - so far!

Old 05-07-2001, 04:24 PM
BTW, if anybody is wondering, I'm the first to give my friends grief when they screw up. I still stand by them and give them my support, but I make sure they know they screwed up.

Yeah, if they got a booger hanging from their nose, I'm the one who lets them know. In other words, better a friend tell them bad news than a stranger.

Old 05-09-2001, 04:44 PM
4x4
Ok....i see...

I guess i didn't understand because in our previous post you made no mention of its okay to use it when a certain someone talks....you said that it wasn't appropriate for this board so i found it SUPRISING that one post after it was used you were being all buddy buddy with the guy....it just so happens he is a ford owner and not "typical chevy owner"....

and i wasn't using it as a personal attack on cowlady like you said....it was just a bad choice of words...i should have just said ----what?? ....

[This message has been edited by 4x4 (edited 05-09-2001).]

Old 05-10-2001, 01:10 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4x4:
Ok....i see...

I guess i didn't understand because in our previous post you made no mention of its okay to use it when a certain someone talks....you said that it wasn't appropriate for this board so i found it SUPRISING that one post after it was used you were being all buddy buddy with the guy....it just so happens he is a ford owner and not "typical chevy owner"....

and i wasn't using it as a personal attack on cowlady like you said....it was just a bad choice of words...i should have just said ----what?? ....

[This message has been edited by 4x4 (edited 05-09-2001).]
</font>

You know what? It's clear to me that there's no way you will drop this, nor does it look like you'll understand what the issue is. In cases like this, the best thing I can do is to stop wasting my time on a lost cause.

Old 05-10-2001, 02:23 AM
Arrow

I agree Dennis. I too thought we were beyond this issue.
4x4 - profanity is not okay at any time. True, some cases are more inflammatory than others. I personally didn't even notice the offensive title at first.
For the sake of this Board & the friendship this site has fostered I will politely ask that we all drop this & move on to more pertinent topics. This issue has been resolved from what I've seen.

------------------

www.andthensometoo.com/owners/cowlady
Love my truck & PROUD of it! If you can't beat 'em, you're NOT driving a FORD!
Shovies PROVE that FORD'S are #1!!
'97 Black F150 XLT ORP 4X4 Reg Cab/LB
4.6L/auto/3.55 LS/power EVERYTHING,
nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,
6 CD changer, lumbar support & 3 cow license plates - so far!

Old 05-10-2001, 07:01 AM
Exclamation

I have been both critiqued and celebrated by dennis over the past couple of years. He has always been helpful even when he is critical. His words have always been well founded. I consider him a friend on this board. Whatever happened must have been a misunderstanding.

Quick Reply: hey dennis ???